Clinic that will accept someone who has already had lap band?

plantfood
on 12/15/08 11:23 am - Shoreline , WA
RNY on 03/11/15
I have already had lap band surgery and I need to change clinics for several reasons but none of the clinics I call will accept me. They say it's their policy. (I personally think this is obscene. We don't have socialized medicine so we should at least have a choice about what doctors we go to! )

I can't (and wouldn't even if I could) go back to my old clinic which means I can't get a fill anywhere. The thousands and thousands of dollars I paid were wasted and I just keep getting fatter and fatter and less and less mobile.

I'm currently on Medicaid but I'd find a way to pay cash if the clinic wouldn't accept it. I am in the Seattle area and could travel a little ways if necessary.

Thank you so much,

Kelly
Helen_Anne
on 12/15/08 11:38 am - Bremerton, WA
There is a post from a few days ago about clinic in Marysville that does fills.  I tried to copy and paste the info here... but I couldn't do it...  sorry...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

vitalady
on 12/15/08 1:36 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Dr. Ross Fox is semi-retired, but is doing band adjustments and non-surgical weight loss in Auburn. He only works Tues-Wed-Thurs and does not take insurance.

His info:
204 Auburn Ave
Auburn 98002
253-833-7300

[email protected]

www.aboutsurgicalweightloss.com

When I had, um, become involved with sugar, he helped me undo the damage. Yes, he was our original surgeon, but as I said, semi-retired now.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Nicki H.
on 12/16/08 9:56 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Fill Management NW is in Marysville  Quilceda Pharmacy 9528 A. State Ave. Marysville, WA. 98270
Not sure of the phone # but I have an e-mail if you want to PM me

I'm going to get a hold of Dr Fox...I live in Aub:)

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Amy R.
on 12/17/08 12:21 pm
Kelly, did you try Dr. Srikanth?  He also operates a St. Francis but it is a different clinic than Dr. Oh and I was told that he did accept patients making changes.  His website is www.c4wls.com

good luck and I hope you find someone soon,

amy
plantfood
on 11/17/10 6:04 pm - Shoreline , WA
RNY on 03/11/15
Hi everyone. Right after I posted this I lost Internet service for a couple of months and by then I had given up. I really appreciate everyone's advice. Now I have no trouble finding providers who will take me but I can't find any that take Medicaid except the UW who won't take patients who have had the surgery elsewhere. (!!!)

I will try the Marysville clinic. I haven't gone very far outside the Seattle area and I live in the north end now so Marysville is a doable distance.

Thank you so very much,

Kelly
Most Active