Spokane Spt. Grp. Loss

Geminidream
on 12/12/08 4:58 am, edited 12/12/08 4:59 am - Spokane, WA

Very sad news received today from Jen Leeds....Jamie Knapp passed away on Tuesday the 9th.  Her services will be Saturday at 2:00.  Hope others from the Spokane Rawlins/Bright support group will be able to attend. 

Here's a link to her obituary:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/obits/?search=on&catID=13&fna me=jamie&lname=knapp&keywords=&sdate=&edate=

Very tragic loss, my heart goes out to her family.

Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
giver44
on 12/12/08 8:59 am - Post Falls, ID
So very sorry to hear this Molly.  I am not familiar with that paticular young woman.  But my heart goes out to her family and all of us from our support group.. Alice
Geminidream
on 12/12/08 9:41 am - Spokane, WA

Alice, I didn't know her personally either and that seems a shame since her wonderful heart inspired such a loving obituary. I recognized her photo in the paper but didn't know where I knew her from...you know how that is when you meet so many people all the time.   Jen said that Jamie was 4 months post-op and seemed to be doing well.  She also was recently married this past summer, how very tragic for her husband. 

Hope to be able to make it to the funeral tomorrow to sit with Jen and anybody else attending from the group.  Am coming down with the headcold that is going around work and hope it will hold off long enough. 

Mollyy

Dapme
on 12/13/08 4:15 am - kingwood, TX
That is very sad. It does not say how she died. Does anyone know?
Kathy H.
on 12/14/08 12:31 pm - Kent, WA
My heart aches for her new husband.

my thoughts are with those who loved her
Geminidream
on 12/17/08 8:22 pm - Spokane, WA

Jenn sent me a pm after the services (in the end I didn't go) and said it was a really big service and very thoughtfuly done but she didn't mention anything about how Jamie passed.  We may never know, I only hope it wasn't painful for her. 

Our support group meeting for tonight was cancelled due to weather so we won't be finding out anything there either, I had hoped that they would make an announcement.

Most Active