Dr Oh...?

vitalady
on 12/12/08 11:14 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm Fox/Oh and distal. I'm comparable to a DS in common channel length (100 cm) because I was done back in the olden days. BUT I have a pouch, so dumping. Of course, if I avoid sugar, I have no dumping.

I can't tell by studying your pic if you've been to our support groups here? Puyallup? We just had them this week, so not again til Jan 13/14, unless you want to go to Bremerton with us this Tuesday!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

juicyprincess
on 12/13/08 12:21 am - Tacoma, WA
I havent been to support, mainly just internet searches. On Monday i am hoping (i am on call at work so ya never know) to go to the one at St Joes. Where is yours (i see its 13/14)? That pic...its a funny thing it was about 30 lbs and 15 or so inches of hair ago. I havent had time to switch my avatar because i always have such a hard time shrinking. I have that short hair (profile) but its not blonde. In prep for my surgery, i stopped dying it (well, i dyed it brown) so i wouldnt need to during my first year since i have heard your hair will fall out, i didnt want to stress it anymore. So for the next year and half, my hair wont be my trade mark.
vitalady
on 12/14/08 8:48 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Puyallup. We just had a pair this week. I went to a DS mtg in Tukwila last night. There is an open group in Bremerton this Tuesday.

We don't usually have a speaker or center of attention at our groups. I prefer the round table discussion, and the meeting then becomes about YOU or HER or HIM and not so much about the speaker or "entertainment".

It's good to attend a variety of meetings to get a feel for where you're headed. The round table type, the "professionally" led, the focus-on-the-speaker type--there's something there for you to learn at each. Eventually, you'll develop a preference, but for now, drink it in.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

juicyprincess
on 12/15/08 3:09 am - Tacoma, WA
yes, if you could send me the date, time and location of puyallup (that is close enough to tacoma for me).
vitalady
on 12/17/08 2:55 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
12105 78th Ave E
Puyallup 98373

Off Canyon Road, Off 112th St, so just a bit west of Costco

Jan 13/14 at 7pm

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

juicyprincess
on 12/17/08 4:41 am - Tacoma, WA
both days 13/4 or just to be determined later?
vitalady
on 12/17/08 2:47 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Both days.

We started 2nd Tuesdays back in 1995. At some point, the group was kinda crowded. I like everyone to be able to have a chance to talk or ask questions if they need to, KWIM?

So, we moved to the very next night. We set up chairs once, is how it goes. So, follow the 2nd Tuesday, and the next day will be the other meeting.

Nope, they can be exactly alike or totally different. In November, Ross Fox (our original surgeon) was the speaker. Tuesday was a combo of pre-ops, fresh posties, some around 2 yrs, a 6 yrs and us oldies. So, the questions we asked were surrounding the early years. Wed., tho, was all ppl 4+ years out, so the questions we asked were all nothing you'd hear at a group that included newbies.

Nothing offensive, mind you, but we asked about things like low blood pressure (you have to be out a way to start to think about it), and issues with sleep, and so on. Oddball things we notice as time goes on, but they're not earth shattering, just curious.

So, many of the close people attend both nights so they don't miss anything.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

cheryl D.
on 12/15/08 9:54 pm - bellingham, WA
I am almost 7 years out with RNY.  Anyway I had stinks so bad until discovered perals ( a culture pill that has the same cultures as yougret only more concentrated).  As a matter of fact I been lax in taking them of late and my husband wanted to know if I was sick.  It takes about a week to get results.  They are a little pricy so after being on them for a few months i tend to back off thenOH MY!  Just my two cents.  Cheryl
maxs_mom
on 12/11/08 9:58 am - Auburn, WA
Hl!

l DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR SPEClFlC QUESTlON BUT l WANTED TO COMMENT ON YOUR OPlNlON OF VSG.  PLEASE REVlEW MY PROFlLE FOR DETAlLS ABOUT MY CHOlCE OF VSG, RESEARCH LlNKS, MY JOURNEY THUS FAR, ETC. 

AMY

juicyprincess
on 12/12/08 12:29 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, thanks for the response but even on your seach and post of pubmed records indicate "CONCLUSIONS: Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is comparable with LAGB for promoting short-term weight-loss in the super-super-obese." which is what i meant. I know VSG is probably a safer then lapband but the weightloss sucess rates are pretty close and that wasnt what i was after. I do see people who lose 100+% from these 2 procedures but i decided for me, come hard or go home (a saying i like) meaning if i was gonna do it, i was gonna give myself the best chance for sucess that i thought i could.
I do know the sleeve is going to be seen more and more and might replace the lapband someday and its cool you can convert to a ds but i would like to try and pick a surgery that didnt require me to have that in my mind. I would wanna have the "big one and only" now (excluding any corrective surgeries etc).
Wou are doing really good!
thanks again
JP
Most Active