So, whats cookin??

jillianD
on 12/9/08 10:51 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Been awful busy lately but I was just wondering how every one is doing??   I am wonderful, I'm almost 10 months out of surgery and have lost 137lbs!!!    I feel great too.  I am so loving my RNY!!!

Let me know how you are!?!  And if your a lurker inrtoduce yourself.  I don't bite much....
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 12/9/08 1:01 pm - Bremerton, WA
Jill...

Congrats on your weight loss... I love your new picture...

I am now the lowest weight since I was in my mid 20's...  249!!!!  I am cried when I saw 249! 

I went to a Christmas party last weekend and everyone was very surprized AND complimentry about my weightloss.  My SIL gave me a "little black dress" that ...if  I don't say so myself... I looked pretty hot... I will post the picture as soon as my hubby emails it to me...

I have discovered that I can eat a little sugar... and not get sick... I really need to use my WLS tool ... and not get back into the habits that got me over to be 330 pounds!!! 

Jill... maybe we can meet up during the holidays for coffee... do you have some time off at Christmas time... I am off from the 24 through Jan 4.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 12/9/08 9:56 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Lady I am free to hook up with you any time!  Tues and Thurs afternoons or anytime on the weekend.

I can't wait to see the picture of you in that dress, with your hair I am sure you are smokin!!

Ya know I can eat a little sugar too.  Its ok though.  Just remember your rules, protein first.  If you do that there isn't a whole lot of damage you can do to yourself.

You have my # don't ya?  Call me anytime!

sassietigger
on 12/9/08 2:00 pm
Jill,
you are diong fabulous, you are an inspiration... i'm feeling good... i will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow... and have my first follow up appointment with my dr on thursday.  I've adjusted so far, but i know it will be slightly more difficult for me when i can have food.  i know backwards to probably alot of others... but i don't do well with choices and will making food creative so i don't get bored with it.  i am working with my mum to come up with some recipes so i can freeze some and be ready...

Anyways for those that don't know me... I'm Terri, mother to 4 little kids, 1 cat.  Happily married. Am 35. work full time outside of the home and am a Brit :) but have been here along time now.
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

jillianD
on 12/9/08 10:02 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Terri,
I am so happy to hear that you are feeling well.  Kiddos are behaving while mom is recovering?  You will have to post about you dr appt later today.
Don't worry about all the choices with food, you will get the hang of it.  I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day, I also have a list of safe dinners for me too.  These days I cook once and can eat for several days.  Food is so unimportant to me now.  The majority of the time I eat cause I have to.

Shelly W.
on 12/10/08 1:27 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi Jill, It's great to hear from you.  I've been busy too.  I had my six month surgiversary last week.  Down 61 pounds (although I found a couple of them at T-giving).  Working on ditching them again.  I love my lap band.  It's a great  tool, just dust it off and it will continue to work.

I had a fill last month that made my band too tight.  So I had him take out a little.  Now I'm a tad too loose, but have ok restriction some of the time.

We got all moved in to our new home and I am so loving it.  It's smaller, but so much nicer.  I was tired of the fixer-upper life.  Still have too many boxes and not enough time to finish getting settled.  Can't even find my darn tape measure.

Now my youngest daughter and her hubby are moving "home" on the 23rd.  They have been in Portland while she's in school.  They need our help since she can't fit much in her little car.  Not enjoying that (did I mention I hate moving).  But thrilled to have her back closer to home.  She's only been gone 2 1/2 years, but it will be great to have her here.  She'll finish school up here.

Life is good!!
--Shelly

jillianD
on 12/10/08 10:07 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Crap I typed a big long msg and the it dissapearred.  LOL 

Glad to hear everything is going well and good things are happening in your life!

bombshellintraining
on 12/12/08 12:10 pm, edited 12/12/08 12:10 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hey Kiddo - You and me... we both be busy bees!!! Yesterday was my nine-month mark - down about 140 lb (only 13 in the last 3 months though)... time to give myself a swift kick in my own (albeit somewhat smaller) hindquarters... definitely want to see more than 13 pounds gone in the next 3 months... but I guess considering I had a 6-week stall, I should be happy with the 13!

You're looking great (and as sassy as ever). Keep up the good work!!! Guess what I'm going to try?  Fencing - as in SWORD FIGHTING BABY!!! Okay, so they'll dress me in a goofy suit and only give me foils to stab peeps with at first... but what fun, huh?!!!

Shari M.

jillianD
on 12/13/08 3:49 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yep  you should be happy!  Are you keeping up with your protein?  You have done amazing at 9 months!!  Sometimes the ol body just needs a rest.

Fencing sounds like a fun way to get in some exercise.  If there are any cuties, let me know so I can come and watch.  LOL

Most Active