Protein/Meal replacements- What's the difference?

jcheryld
on 12/8/08 10:39 pm
I have to use Purchase Bariatrix Essentials Meal Replacement for my 2-week pre-op diet, but I just bought Syntrax protein, which I use now and plan to use pre-op. Do I really have to buy specifically the Bariatrix?

Here's the nutritional information FYI:

What do you think? I ordered the samples last month and it is really good... and $11 less at Super Supplements compared to the website. Any feedback would be great, thanks!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Helen_Anne
on 12/9/08 1:09 am - Bremerton, WA

No... Dr Hunter's office likes this one because of the other vitamins that are included. I used it after my surgery for a about a month.. since all the other protein powders were TOO sweet... and the Bariatrix is not so sweet.  But now I am almost exclusively use BSN dessert or Syntrax 6 Brand. My favs are BNS Dessert Vanilla and Chocolate Fudge (22 gm protein 130 cals).  Its a little more expensive than some of the others. 

Some people love the Flavor you have listed... I didn't... but also after surgery you will be drinking about 1/3 of the amount that you are eating now (or when you start the pre -op diet).  But I know most of the protien powders improve with SF syrups.  I also have a list of protein drinks... that I found from a variety of sources... I can send it to you if you want.

I got some samples from EnjoyHealth.com , Syntrax , Unjury and BSN.  We are lucky here in the Puget sound area... since we can drive to either EnjoyHealth  (auburn)or Vitalady (puyallup) and taste samples of the brands and get ONLY the ones we like!  But don't go until after surgery... while I liked Unjury before surgery... it tasted  nasty to me after! 

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/9/08 11:30 am - WA
Make sure you talk to your Dr. and ask what he wants you to take. If you would like to try some different types of protein call and get directions. You can taste as meny as you like!
Merrilou (253) 939-8865
jcheryld
on 12/10/08 12:48 am
Thanks Helen & Merrilou!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Most Active