Need ride for Tuesday Fed Way support group

Karen F.
on 12/8/08 1:49 pm - Renton, WA
Is there anyone in the Renton area or therabouts who might be available to give a ride to a damsel in distress who wants to go to the St. Francis (Srkikanth) support group tuesday evening but who can't drive?
    I had surgery 2 weeks ago-right total knee replacement--and am still unable to drive myself, so I have no way to get to or from the meeting, but I would really like to go.  Had to miss last month as I was in the pre-op phase for the TKR and in a lot of pain, so I really need the meeting.

I live in the Liberty Ridge area, if that means anything.  Would be happy to chip in towards the gas.  If you can help. please call me at 253-561-3177. 

Thanks,
   Karen
Beetle
on 12/8/08 11:08 pm - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
I didn't even know there was a meeting today (they never send me the emails I keep asking for) and I have no clue where the Liberty Ridge area is, but it can't be all that far, right?

I'll give you a call in a while - it's a bit early right now.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

sassietigger
on 12/9/08 2:05 pm
I wish I'd known there was a meeting... I have yet to go to a support group meeting and want to start going... I will be 2 weeks post op tomorrow...

how was the meeting????
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

maxs_mom
on 12/9/08 6:38 pm, edited 12/9/08 7:26 pm - Auburn, WA
l DlDN'T KNOW THAT THERE WAS A ST FRANClS / DR. SRlKANTH WLS SUPPORT GROUP TONlGHT ElTHER...AND THAT REALLY CHAPS MY HlDE!   lT'S ESPEClALLY AGGRAVATlNG BECAUSE ON 12/01/2008, AT MY FlRST POST-OP APPOlNTMENT, l ASKED THE FRONT DESK PERSONNEL SPEClFlCALLLY ABOUT THE DATE/TlME OF THE DEC SUPPORT GROUP AND WAS TOLD lT WASN'T YET SCHEDULED.  l WAS TOLD THAT l WOULD BE PUT ON THElR EMAlL LlST SO THAT WHEN THE DETAlLS WERE FORMALlZED l WOULD BE NOTlFlED.  NEEDLESS TO SAY,  l NEVER RECElVED AN EMAlL AND BY THE TlME l SAW MENTlON OF lT lN THE WA FORUM, AROUND 6PM TONlGHT,  lT WAS ALREADY TOO LATE FOR ME TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO GO PLUS l HAD OTHER PLANS (l WENT TO THE AUBURN SUPPORT GROUP AND HAD A VERY NlCE TlME - Hl MERRlLOU & GANG). 

SlNCE MY CONSULTATlON ON 10/18 THROUGH NOW, 12/09 (THREE WEEKS POST-OP VSG),  l HAVE BEEN TO ONLY ONE OF THE TWO "OFFlClAL" SUPPORT GROUP MEETlNGS FOR PATlENTS OF DR. SRlKANTH.  MY FlRST AND ONLY MEETlNG WAS  PRE-OP 0N 11/11/2008 (AND  l ONLY KNEW ABOUT THAT ONE BECAUSE A FELLOW SRlKANTH PATlENT TOLD ME ABOUT lT AT MY NUTRlTlON CLASS lN LATE OCTOBER); NOW l HAVE MlSSED THE DEC SUPPORT GROUP DUE SOLELY TO A LACK OF COMMUNlCATlON FROM THE OFFlCE STAFF. 

l WANT TO SUCCEED AND l KNOW THAT AN lMPORTANT TOOL TO ACHlEVlNG MY GOALS lS PARTlClPATlON lN SUPPORT GROUPS.  OBVlOUSLY, THERE ARE OTHER VERY GOOD GROUPS l CAN ATTEND (AS l DlD TONlGHT)...BUT THOSE GROUPS CAN NOT REPLACE THE SURGEON'S OFFlClAL SUPPORT GROUPS!  THE OBVlOUS LACK OF COMMUNlCATlON FROM DR. sRlKANTH'S OFFlCE STAFF lS DlSCONCERTlNG AT BEST AND FLAT-OUT UNPROFESSlONAL AT WORST.   l WlLL CALL THE CENTER BY WEEK'S END TO FlND OUT WHAT'S HAPPENlNG (OR WHAT'S NOT HAPPENlNG AS THE CASE SEEMS TO BE).

AMY

Beetle
on 12/9/08 11:00 pm - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Hold your horses, everyone, Karen had it wrong!
I called the office yesterday before I made the trip and there was NO meeting!

The next meeting will be on Wednesday the 17th, to be run by the nutrionist, Bev, and the topic is "Bariatric friendly recipes for the holidays". 6;00 - 7:30pm.

However, that doesn't mean all is good with your email list, I have asked several times to get emails, but only ever managed to get one ONCE.

Terri, do you live near Renton? If Karen isn't up to driving yet by next week, I'll probably be picking her up ...... maybe we should make a whole van full  :-)

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

maxs_mom
on 12/9/08 11:11 pm - Auburn, WA
THANKS FOR CHECKlNG!  l'M GLAD l READ THlS BEFORE l CALLED THE OFFlCE AND READ SOMEONE THE RlOT ACT!  STlLL, AS YOU SAY, THE EMAlL LlST lS A MESS...l MEAN OBVlOUSLY A SPEClAL DEC SUPPORT GROUP lS NOW SCHEDULED...AND l DlDN'T KNOW ABOUT lT UNTlL YOUR POST.  l MAY WAlT UNTlL THE END OF THlS WEEK TO SEE lF l DO lNDEED GET AN EMAlL BEFORE TALKlNG TO THE OFFlCE MANAGER.

l'M GUESSlNG THAT l'LL SEE MANY OF YOUR LOVELY FACES A WEEK FROM TODAY...l CAN'T WAlT! 

AMY

xkendrax
on 12/10/08 5:02 am - Yelm, WA
Hi all,

Where exactly do they hold the meetings at?  I've never been to one (I'm still in the pre-op stage).  What time are they at? 

Karen,

I am in the southend (Bonney Lake), but if no one is able to give you a ride on the 17th and if the meeting is after 5pm, I can give you a ride.   Send me an e-mail if you still need a ride.

Thanks!

Kendra

MySpace: myspace.com/xkendra
Highest: 261 / Surgery (03/11/09): 242.3/ Current: 122.8/ Goal: 105

Shelly W.
on 12/10/08 1:12 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi Kendra, They hold the support group meetings right across the hall from the office, in the conference room.

See you all there!!!
--Shelly

Most Active