Newly Banded 3wks out

loraevrsn
on 12/4/08 6:01 pm
I am three weeks out from my surgery and am curious to how long it takes for a full recovery and
one regains full energy again.  I am following all they tell me to do and have dropped nearly twenty pounds already.    My biggest fault so far is I find myself addicted to the scales now.  Is this normal?  

Helen_Anne
on 12/5/08 1:48 am - Bremerton, WA

It can take up to to 4 to 6 weeks to get back your energy...  but I am total addicted to the scale... I weigh myself most days... please dont flame me... I am aware that my weight flucuates as much as 3 to 4 pounds from one day to the next and I seem to lose the most weight over the weekend.  For me... it's  so cool to see 2 something on the scale!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

loraevrsn
on 12/5/08 11:53 am
It's good to know I'm normal with the scales.  I figure why go through all the pain if I don'****ch.
This is something I want for myself to be smaller.  Thank you for replying and answering my question.  It is so hard for me to sit back and do nothing.  I'm having the hardest time letting others do for me.  Especially lifting things.  Each day is better,  but I have sleepy days too. 
Once I learn how to navigate this site and put pictures and progress I'll share more.  I'll have to ask my teens.  
Hislady
on 12/5/08 1:39 pm - Vancouver, WA
Welcome and I want to invite you to join us on the lap band board too. We can give you lots of feedback.
nean
on 12/6/08 10:12 am - Tacoma, WA
Welcome!

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

maxs_mom
on 12/7/08 2:26 am - Auburn, WA
~NAMASTE~

WELCOME TO THE WA FORUM AND THE POST-OP WLS TEAM!

lT'S DlFFlCULT TO GlVE ANYONE AN ESTlMATE FOR LENGTH OF TlME NEEDED FOR "FULL RECOVERY" OR "FULL ENERGY" BECAUSE BOTH OF THOSE THlNGS ARE WHOLLY DEPENDENT ON A VARlETY OF FACTORS (LlKE PROCEDURE TYPE, CO-MORBlDlTlES, ETC.) SPEClFLC TO AN LNDlVlDUAL.  YOUR SURGEON OR REGULAR DOCTOR lS PROBABLY THE BEST PERSON TO ASK.

ANECDOTALLY, l CAN TELL YOU THAT l AM 18 DAYS POST-OP (LAPAROSCOPlC VSG) AND MY lNClSlONS ARE HEALED (STlLL SOME lTCHlNESS), MY ENERGY lS GREATER THAN lT WAS FOR YEARS PRE-OP, AND OVERALL l AM FEELlNG VERY GOOD.

CONGRATULATlONS ON THE NEARLY 20 LB WElGHT LOSS AND KUDOS FOR THE HARD WORK lT TOOK ON YOUR PART TO ACHlAVE THAT SUCCESS!  CONTlNUE DOlNG AS YOUR SURGEON lNSTRUCTS AND YOU WlLL CONTlNUE DOlNG WELL!

SCALES ARE EVlL.  l FlND lT HARD TO STAY OFF OF MlNE FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE OF DAYS (AND MOST OF THE TlME l WANT TO DO lT SOONER).  lT'S PERFECTLY NORMAL TO BE ADDlCTED TO SCALES AFTER WLS...JUST REMEMBER, AS HELEN SAlD, THAT NORMAL FLUCTUATlONS CAN CAUSE A 3-4 POUND GAlN OR LOSS ON A DAlLY (OR MORE OFTEN) BASlS.

AMY

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 12/8/08 2:16 am - WA
Try only looking at the scale once a week, If there is a Support group near you join in . It sounds like you are doing great kep it up! Merrilou
Sandi M.
on 12/9/08 1:39 am
It took me about 6 weeks to feel myself again. I too was addicted to the scale, but learned not to be so dependant on it for the fear of disappointment. I now weigh myself once every two weeks or so.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvdcw4h/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvdcw4h/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

10cc VG

Most Active