Think I got a date.. confirming it!

Cheryl N.
on 12/1/08 11:19 pm - Des Moines, WA
January 28th!!!!!!!! Whooo, YAY--yiiii yikes! I'm nervous!!!

With Dr. Landers at Group Health.  I will need to talk to my supervisor about time off, altho I don't forsee any problems and I shouldn't be gone very long as my job is a desk job and I sit all day.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Helen_Anne
on 12/2/08 12:48 am - Bremerton, WA
How exciting!!! We are keeping a place on the losers bench warm for you!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

-kimber-
on 12/2/08 1:53 am - Burlington, WA
Congrats.. I wish you the best.. I am 3 weeks post op and I also have a desk job. I would say at least take 2 weeks off just to get used to slowly sipping and slowly eating. You need that time to stay focused on nutrition and fluids, so you dont get dehydrated or malnurished.

Kimber

Highest 418 lbs 12/04/2007- Surgery 336 lbs 11/11/08 -Goal Weight 180 lbs
nean
on 12/2/08 10:40 am - Tacoma, WA
Just over a month away! Congratulations.

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

Nicki H.
on 12/2/08 11:20 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
That is fabulous!!!  Congratulations!!!!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

maxs_mom
on 12/2/08 12:02 pm - Auburn, WA
AWESOME POSSUM!  HOW EXClTlNG TO HAVE A DATE!

AS FAR AS TlME OFF, SO LONG AS YOUR EMPLOYER HAS AT LEAST 50 EMPLOYEES AND YOU'RE A FULL TlME EMPLOYEE WHO'S BEEN THERE A YEAR, YOU ARE ELlGlBLE YOU CAN TAKE FMLA WHlCH ALLOWS UP TO 12 WEEKS ANUALLY FOR YOU TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN OR lMMEDlATE FAMlLY MEMBER'S HEALTH.  AS KlMBER STATED, l'D GlVE YOURSELF AT MlNlMUM TWO WEEKS BUT LET YOUR SUPERVlSOR KNOW THAT lT MAY BE LONGER DEPENDlNG ON YOUR SURGEON'S ADVlCE AND HOW YOU'RE DOlNG POST-OP.

AMY

Cheryl N.
on 12/2/08 12:27 pm - Des Moines, WA
Hi!  Yes I know about FMLA.  I have not been at my new job for a year yet, will be 9 months on January 21st (one year in April) and I don't really want to wait much longer so I am going to use my PTO.  It will all work out.  My supervisor approved it.   I have a desk job so I sit almost all day so I should be ok.  I have been waiting for the surgery for a LONG TIME.  I was just starting to look into that when my last employer all of sudden dropped Group Health.  So I quit a few months later and got job there and started the process again!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

maxs_mom
on 12/2/08 1:16 pm - Auburn, WA

l'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU'RE GOlNG TO BE ABLE TO USE PTO!

HERE'S TO A SUCCESSFUL, COMPlCATlON FREE SURGERY AND SPEEDY RECOVERY!  YOU'RE GOlNG TO DO GREAT AND WlLL SOON OFFlClALLY BE ON YOUR WAY TO A HAAPlER, HEALTHlER, AND LONGER LlFE.  WHAT A WAY TO START THE NEW YEAR!

AMY

nancy6
on 12/2/08 1:02 pm - Tacoma, WA
Congratulations on your date - that's great!!!  It will all be worth the wait...  I have an easy desk job, too.  I had surgery 12/6/07 and went back to work on 12/17/07 and had no problems at all.  I could have gone back as soon as a week after surgery, but enjoyed the extra couple days!  I know others have felt they really needed more time - just do what feels right for you...  As long as you can have your water at your desk and sip all day, you should be good to go!!  :)  Wishing you all the best as you continue this journey!

~Nancy~

Kathy P.
on 12/24/08 4:20 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi there! New to OH, and WOW! We share the same Surgeon. I won't meet Dr. Landers till my pre-op appt., but my surger date is 2/9/09. I just let my boss know of my surgery date as well. I don't plan on being gone long either, I'm pretty much in the office at a desk, or sort trips to court or an occasional meeting.
Will you be at OL in Bellevue?
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active