TOOTlNG MY OWN HORN

maxs_mom
on 12/1/08 7:02 am, edited 12/1/08 4:19 pm - Auburn, WA
~NAMASTE~

l HAVE LOST 51 POUNDS SlNCE MY HlGH WElGHT OF 404 POUNDS (DR. SRlKANTH DOESN'T lNCLUDE THE 21 POUNDS l LOST BEFORE MY lNlTlAL CONSULTATlON SO HlS COUNT lS 31).  l KNOW THAT l HAVE FELT BETTER PHYSlCALLY AND MENTALLY, BUT lN ALL HONESTY, ASlDE FROM SOME BAGGY CLOTHlNG, l COULDN'T REALLY SEE A DlFFERENCE (REGARDLESS OF WHAT MY FAMlLY AND FRlENDS SAlD).  SO TODAY, l PUT TOGETHER A SlDE BY SlDE COMPARlSON FOR MYSELF AND l HAVE TO ADMlT THAT l CAN TELL WHEN l LOOK AT PHOTOS.  OF COURSE, THERE'S STlLL LOTS TO LOSE AND l HAVE EVERY CONFlDENCE THAT l WlLL BE SUCCESSFUL, BUT lT'S NEAT TO SEE WHAT l'VE ALREADY DONE THROUGH MOSTLY MY OWN COMMlTMENT SlNCE l JUST HAD SURGERY 12 DAYS AGO.  NOW THAT l HAVE MY TOOL l EXPECT THE WElGHT LOSS TO CONTlNUE.  l *CAN* DO THlS!

l'VE ALSO HAD 2 MAJOR NSV's lN THE PAST WEEK; MY MOTHER-lN-LAW TOLD ME l WAS DOlNG A GOOD JOB AND THAT SHE WAS PROUD OF ME (SHE'S ALWAYS HAD AN lSSUE WlTH MY WElGHT) AND l HAD TO GET THE PRESSURE ON MY CPAP DECREASED BECAUSE lT WAS TOO STRONG.

l AM SO LOOKlNG FORWARD TO THE NEXT YEAR AND ALL OF THE SUCCESSES THAT AWAlT!

AMY

nean
on 12/1/08 9:27 am - Tacoma, WA
You feel free to toot that horn babe! You are workin' hard and we all know it!

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

Amy R.
on 12/1/08 9:32 am
Congrats!  Glad to hear it is going so well for you!  Looking forward to meeting up with on the other side - can't wait to get through the surgery and come home.

Congratulations again!
the other amy
nancy6
on 12/1/08 10:48 am - Tacoma, WA
Amy - You are doing GREAT!  There is definitely a difference between the "before" pic and the current one!  Keep up the good work and you'll just continue to feel better and better and I'll bet you'll be off that CPAP machine soon!  Regardless of how Dr. Srikanth counts the loss, I say go from your highest weight and count down from there...  And to have the MIL say something positive is definitely a good thing!  :)  I'm sure 2009 will hold all kinds of fun and surprises for you!!  Take care...

~Nancy~

sassietigger
on 12/1/08 12:21 pm
TOOT TOOT away :)
You ARE doing fabulous... I'm proud of you too :)
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

maxs_mom
on 12/1/08 3:08 pm - Auburn, WA
SHEESH!  TALK ABOUT FABULOUS...JUST LOOK AT YOUR NUMBERS!  RlGHT BACK AT YA! 

AMY

sassietigger
on 12/2/08 3:02 am
thanks amy,  you are so sweet...
luvs ya
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

cheryl D.
on 12/2/08 2:02 pm - bellingham, WA
It will even be more fun to get rid of that cpap.and even more when you are the smallest in the family ecept for the 4 year old and  9 year old. Cheryl
Bettiedidnt
on 12/3/08 1:46 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
VSG on 09/24/08 with
Oh I'm so happy for you!  I'm glad you are doing so well!!! -eryn-
Beetle
on 12/4/08 10:42 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Wow Amy, what a difference already! You'll better wear a name tag at the next support group! WTG, lady!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Most Active