Insurance disclaimer experience

ltrain98026
on 11/24/08 1:01 pm - Everett, WA
This one of the criteria for being accepted into a presurgical program.
t
  1. Have evidence of previously failed attempts at losing weight..      Has any had this in their rules and regulations and what did you have to do in order to satisfy?
lila_blume
on 11/24/08 2:01 pm - Olympia, WA
A friend of mine has Uniform Medical with the same criteria. She just mentioned on her application that she has tried  numerous diets such as LA weight loss, Weigh****chers, etc., pills ...She also made sure that she mentioned all of her co-morbidities not just the ones required.

She was approved right away.  

I am also going to apply with Uniform Medical next year and will use this explanation because I don't have documented weight loss attempts either.

Good luck
Hislady
on 11/24/08 2:06 pm - Vancouver, WA

I think most insurances have this in their criteria. Some ways of showing past attempts are if you see a doctor regularly and have tried to lose yet they show your weight has increased. If you have ever belonged to a weight loss group like Jenny Craig or Weigh****chers. You will probably need a letter of attempt from your doc if nothing else. Hopefully other posters will have other ideas. This is one reason many insurance companies have you do a 6-12 month doctor supervised weight loss attempt before they OK surgery. Good luck!

Sheryl R.
on 12/1/08 12:44 am - Buckley, WA
What's weird is that mine requires a 12 month doctor supervised diet with no gain!  You have to have recorded a loss or stay the same.  Weird.
They all have their hoops for us to jump through, don't they.

Only "obese" now!

Most Active