UMP preferred doctor near Tumwater, Olympia, Lacey.

lila_blume
on 11/23/08 7:40 am - Olympia, WA
I thought I have posted this before but it seems it never was. I can't find it.

Anyway, I am switching this open enrollment from GHC to the Uniform Medical Plan because Group Health as more restrictions for qualifying for wls.  I don't know which doctor to choose. 

I am looking for a general practitioner/family doctor not a surgeon.  I don't know any of the physicians listed on the UMP preferred practitioner list. Can anyone help? Also, tips and info in dealing with UMP would be great.

Thanks,

Sigrid

German gal getting healthy

jcheryld
on 11/23/08 7:53 am
I am also in search of a primary care physician in Tacoma who is WLS knowledgeable. Any tips would be great.

As far as navigating UMP, my big tip would be to stay proactive with the RN Case Mgt program to qualify for surgery. Check out my blog re: my experience with UMP & feel free to msg me anytime.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

butterflyxlife
on 11/25/08 12:53 am - Fort Lewis, WA
I am Tricare Standard so I don't go to Madigan unless it's an emergency- and I am also looking for a primary Care physician somewhere between Olympia and Tacoma lol. I am NOT happy with the one that I have~
amm2008
on 11/24/08 5:42 am - Seattle, WA
I had surgery in 7/15/08 using Uniform.  Check my profile and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Alicia
lila_blume
on 11/25/08 8:55 am - Olympia, WA
I had a bad experience with my Group Health doctor. I did not have many co-morbidities and therefore did not see her much. When I told her I want wls she said she does not really support it but will put in a referral because I requested it. I was denied in 2006. I just recently found out that a missing and insufficient information probably were the reason for getting denied. She kept telling me to try Weigh****chers. There again shows that she did not listen to what I had to say because I already tried WW.

I don't want another doctor like her after switching to Uniform Medical.

German gal getting healthy

Most Active