VSG patient visiting in Seattle.. any support meetings??

babsintx
on 11/23/08 12:01 am - GA
Hi,

I will be in washington state from December 3-6th and was hopiong to meet up with some folks since i will be alone most of the trip. Almost at goal and just want to network with some folks that have something in common with me!! If anyone is available to meet or would like to organize a lunch or dinner, let me know!!

Babs

Helen_Anne
on 11/23/08 1:06 am - Bremerton, WA

Babs..

Where in Seattle will you be staying... I work just outside of downtown Seattle... and would love to get together.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

babsintx
on 11/23/08 8:29 am - GA
Hi Helen,

THink I will be stayng in Auburn or Bellevue. I have a tentative booking with a hotel in Bellevue, but since I dont know the area well, struggling to find central location. I have one client in Bellevue, but other than that if you have ideas, I am open. PM me and lets set something up to meet!!!

Babs

Helen_Anne
on 11/23/08 8:42 am - Bremerton, WA

Babs...

Bellevue and Auburn are about 40 miles from each other... so if you have a client in Bellevue... staying in Bellevue would be better.

Maybe we can get together on Friday night Dec 5 ...  who else in the Seattle area is open to getting together? Dinner?

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

babsintx
on 11/23/08 9:12 am - GA
Hi Helen,

Can't do Friday night. I have plans already with a non WLSer client. Wed or thursday work for me!! Thanks for letting me know about distances. I will have a car, so hopefully no issues getting around, but Bellevue sounds easier... How close is it to downtown??

Babs

maxs_mom
on 11/23/08 2:41 pm - Auburn, WA
Babs:

I'm sorry I've not yet responded to your PM from earlier today.  I am on it now.  I would totally be interested in getting together with a bunch of "Oh-sters" - let's see what others day!

Amy

Pam M.
on 11/29/08 1:22 pm - WA

I also would advise against staying in Auburn if you will be traveling to Bellevue. Northbound traffic from Auburn to Bellevue is HELL in the morning. Traffic is literally at a stand still.

As far as distance, Bellevue is right across Lake Washington from Downtown Seattle. You would just get on the I-90 or 520 bridge and cross Lake Washinton and be in Seattle, 10-15 minutes at most. Downtown Seattle is 30-45 minutes from Auburn, depending on traffic.  I'd stay in Bellevue if I were you.

Good Luck! 

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Christine Gibson
on 12/1/08 3:32 pm - Redmond, WA
Hi Babs:
I'd love to meet with another OH-er who is "new" to our area!  Your picture is beautiful!  I'm available Wednesday or Thursday.  In fact, on Thursday, I will be taking classes in Bellevue all day until 4:00 p.m.  So a dinner would work for me.  My phone is 425-885-2634.  My regular e-mail is [email protected].
                Christine Gibson, MS, MA
       ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
               Bariatric University Suport Group Coach
               www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
               [email protected]
Most Active