Send a Card to a Soldier!!!

sunnyinseattle1
on 11/19/08 1:57 am
When doing your Christmas cards this year, take one card and send it to this address. If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington , D.C. 20307-5001

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/08 9:30 am

Thank you for this!
I will be sending a card :)

You rock!!

luckyladybug .
on 11/19/08 10:41 am - Puyallup, WA
All:
I'm the wife of a Army LTC and I tried to arrange for Christmas cards to be sent to Walter Reed last year, please read the following before sending your Christmas cards.
Thank you.

***Please read the following attachment regarding Christmas cards to wounded Soldiers. I contacted Walter Reed last Christmas regarding sending Christmas cards and they told me they DO NOT deliver cards made out to "A Wounded Soldier" for security reasons, which is so sad!    I have attached snopes.com regarding cards. http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp     They can be addressed to "Holiday Mail for Heroes" and the cards will then be delivered.  I know that the wounded HEROES would love to receive a card this Christmas.
butterflyxlife
on 11/20/08 4:23 am - Fort Lewis, WA
I also just read about this on snopes- unfortunately it's not true :((
luckyladybug .
on 11/22/08 12:13 pm - Puyallup, WA

Are you saying snopes is not true?  I spoke with COL Black at Walter Reed last Christmas regarding sending cards from FSG with my Husband's BGD. He told me they will not deliver cards addressed to "A Recovering American Soldier."   They will however deliver the cards thru the "Wounded Soldier" program.

sunnyinseattle1
on 11/24/08 3:47 am
Hello all. I didnt want this to be this hard. A myspace friend gave me this information and I am passing it along.

If you would like to send a card, please do your research!

Thanks

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

luckyladybug .
on 11/24/08 7:47 am - Puyallup, WA
Sunnyinseattle1, I just want to make sure people receive correct information about the greeting card(s) regulations at Walter Reed.  It was a great success and will continue to be so; the Soldiers love to receive cards and packages.  I would hate to see all those cards sent to Walter Reed and be trashed (which by the way they do, safety concerns) if not address properly and not forwarded to our HEROS!
Most Active