Happy 3 month Surgiversity to Me!

Helen_Anne
on 11/19/08 12:32 am - Bremerton, WA

I can't believe its been 3 months since my surgery!!!!  I am down almost 80# overall... and almost 50#  since surgery.

I comfortly wear a women's size 16!!!  I never thought I would EVER see that  size again.  My SIL gave me some of her clothes and I held up one of the skirts... and showed it my hubby... and said... "there is NO way this is even close to fitting"... but I tried anyway... I was able to get the skirt over my hips and  zipped... I was SHOCKED!! But its is a little to tight to wear outside ... I clearly do not know what size my body is.

Some of the things that have changed since surgery...

1) I am NOT totally red faced and sweaty after I walk down to the ferry
2) I "fit" in the bus seats - and no one is dreading if I sit next to them
3) I am working out with a trainer... and I am loving it
4) My knees have stopped hurting when I go up and down stairs... YEAH!
5) I started out at a tight 24 and some 26's in February... and now I can wear a size 16

And... yes its true... I am having a little hair loss... but not alot...  hopefully this will be short lived.

I go for my 3 month check up on Monday and thats when I get my labs done... so I will update you  on those when I get my lab results back.

I want to thank you all... because without the help and support from all you here... my post-surgery experience would not have been so GREAT!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

sunnyinseattle1
on 11/19/08 1:59 am
Congrats Helen!!!  Great job. Wish you more loss.

Sunny

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Beetle
on 11/20/08 12:06 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia

I'm a little bit jealous because you're losing it faster than I am, but I'm a LOT happy for you!

You're doing so well and I can feel the happiness even in your words.

Keep up the wonderful work, Helen!

Must be time for another GTG - you'll really need a new photo soon, won't you?

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

butterflyxlife
on 11/20/08 4:24 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Congratulations on your loss and all of your achievements so far! That is fantastic :D Keep up the great work!!
nancy6
on 11/20/08 8:09 am - Tacoma, WA
Congratulations Helen!!!  You are doing so great!!  Aren't those changes just wonderful to experience?  And you'll have many more in the months to come, I'm sure!!  Don't worry too much about the hair loss - it does end, but can take a little bit to recover from.  I'm finally at a point where I think my hair is pretty much back to what it was before.  But for a few months, things were awfully thin - and they were thin to begin with!!  :)  Again, congrats on your 3 month surgiversary and keep up the great work!! 

~Nancy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/20/08 11:42 am - Buckley, WA
Congratulations Helen !!!  You are doing great . I hope you don't lose much more hair . My doctor told me . " Don't worry , I haven't had a parient go bald , yet ". lol .

Helen_Anne
on 11/20/08 12:36 pm - Bremerton, WA
Thank you everyone... its still so exciting...

Something funny happen today.... I was at a work meeting with some people I have not seen for about 5 months... there were a couple of people who did not recognize me at first... it was great to get some nice comments on how nice i looked.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

pam H.
on 11/20/08 1:45 pm - Renton, WA
Congratulations, Helen ! All your hard work is so worth it! I get discouraged at times -progress is never as fast  as I think it should be, but it is so encouraging to read your posts. I know I will get there if I follow "the rules". Thanks for sharing your progress.

Most Active