My wife's surgery

J-Mac
on 11/14/08 2:29 pm - Burlington, WA
Hi all, I don't post on the WA forums much anymore, but I just wanted to let you know my wife had her RnY on Tues by Dr Chang at Virginia Mason. It was a extreme success. All her pre-op weight loss made it very easy for the Doc and she was able to complete it all in under 3 hours!

We got home yesterday and she's on her way to the lighter side of life!

I met a couple of other gastric bypass patients while my wife was there and they were so very nice! One uses this site a lot and unfortunately didn't get to talk with her much. The other I had told her about this place and all the wonderful support she could get here, so hopefully she'll poke her head in sometime.

I'm working on my wife to come on here and get some "female" support, as I can only give her my loving support and my singular experiences, so I hope to introduce her to all the great ppl here on the WA forum.

My weight loss is going great! I'm now 140 lbs down and just broke the 200's about 2 weeks ago!

Hope all of you have a great weekend!

John
nean
on 11/14/08 11:48 pm - Tacoma, WA
Wonderful! Glad things when well for her. Neat to see WLS spouses supporting each other. Sounds like you are doing a great job continueing to work your tool.

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

maxs_mom
on 11/14/08 11:49 pm, edited 11/15/08 9:44 am - Auburn, WA

Hi, John!

It sounds as though your wife is doing well post-op and since she has you to take care of her and encourage her she will soon be on her way to successful long term weight loss.  I think it’s fabulous when spouses/partners/friends decide to take this journey together.  Congratulations on your personal weight loss success.
  Please do encourage your wife to join the WA forum.  There's a good group of people here and she'll certainly get the support she needs.

Take care,

Amy

pam H.
on 11/15/08 9:22 am - Renton, WA
Hi John. Congratulations to your wife on her surgery. Glad to hear everything went so well!It would be great if we all had support at home like you ! Congratulations on your weight loss. You are looking great. I wish you both continuing success.

J-Mac
on 11/15/08 1:20 pm - Burlington, WA
Thanks everyone. I really like being there for her, but there may be times that I'm more "biased" or protective of her than I need to be, or I may not have experienced what she's going through. So, I am really encouraging her to get on here and post...

I know that she'll be in good hands here. I have talked to a few of you via PM so I know there's a lot of caring people here!

Most Active