X-Post...5-Minute Pumpkin Cake

Geminidream
on 11/14/08 1:14 pm - Spokane, WA
Can't figure out how to imbed a picture in this...it is too late in the day.   But I did manage to get some photos of this on my profile if you want to see how it looks.  I have had three bites of this so far and like the chocolate version, it is dense and filling.  Doubt I will be able to eat it tonight.  Woohoo!

5 Minute Pumpkin Cake

Seeing the many 5-Minute Cake recipes on the web had me jonesin' for a pumpkin cake version.  Shelley (www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com) made a great-sounding carrot cake version that inspired me to work on my pumpkin 'fix'.  Came out pretty good!

5 Minute Pumpkin Cake

1 egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons vanilla soymilk (I used Soy Slender)
2 Tablespoons Davinci sugar free Pumpkin Pie syrup
1/4 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
2 Tablespoons canola oil
3 Tablespoons Gluten-free pancake mix (
http://maplegrove.stores.yahoo.net/glfrpr.html)
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 packets Splenda
1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Mix all ingredients together in a heat-proof glass measuring cup.  Microwave for 2 minutes, allow to sit 3-5 minutes.  Turn out onto a plate and divide into 4 slices.  I topped mine with Torani sf caramel sauce and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.  Would also be good with ff whipped 'frosting'.

PS...tested the links in the other posting and they didn't work but I know these sites are up.  ???

Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
bjblue
on 11/16/08 3:17 am - Tacoma, WA
This sounds really good. I will have to try this for Thanksgiving....

Thank you for sharing :)

BJ

Geminidream
on 11/17/08 10:29 am - Spokane, WA

You are so welcome, BJ.  If you want other ideas for Thanksgiving substitutes or just something different be sure to check out www.sparkrecipes.com.  I use Sparkpeople.com for my food journalling and love the ease of entering my recipes into the sparkrecipes calculator and then into my food plan.  Plus, their search engine brings up so many great recipes from which to choose depending on whether you are looking for just calorie savings, vegan, low sugar, low carb etc.... 

jillianD
on 11/16/08 2:39 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Oh I love Shelly's recipies and I am sure I will like your version too!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Geminidream
on 11/17/08 10:26 am - Spokane, WA
Shelley said she is working on a pumpkin version too but hasn't perfected it yet....I can't wait till she has it just right.  You KNOW it will be totally awesome!!!!

It is so great having her and so many other great folks here sharing recipes that help keep us on track and enoying our healthier diets.

Most Active