Lap-Band cost

MacawMother
on 11/14/08 11:34 am
Anyone know what Lap-Band costs in WA State? 
jodyvs
on 11/14/08 11:51 am
Depends on where you get it of course, but expect to pay between 17 and 20K.
maxs_mom
on 11/15/08 11:45 pm, edited 11/15/08 11:47 pm - Auburn, WA

The Center for Weight Loss Surgery in Federal Way has a special self-pay package of $13,850.00 for both the Lap-Band and the Sleeve.  I believe these costs are going up effective 12/01/2008 by about $1,000.00.  This package only includes the consultation fee, the surgeon's fee, the assistant's fee, the hospital fee, the anesthesiologist's fee, and 90 days of post-op care.

Please keep in mind that many "self-pay package deals" do not included required pre-op labs, medical testing, and consultations (e.g. psychologists, cardiologists, etc).  Neither do they cover post-op complications or routine follow-up beyond 60-90 days.  That time-frame usually affords just one fill post-op.  Once you factor in long term maintenance (fills on average cost about $200.00) for a totally complication free surgery and post-op (common complications with the Lap-Band include band slippage, band erosion, obstruction, etc), the true cost of the Lap-Band is much higher.

As a self-pay patient, if you have medical insurance that  excludes weight loss surgery specifically, your policy may still pick-up some costs of the pre-op and post op medical care.  If you do not have insurance, financing is available.  See the OH forum on insurance, cash pay and financing (
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/insurance).  The one company that I know and trust is BLIS (http://www.bliscompany.com) which offers financing for the procedure itself as well as complication coverage.  Some others that I have heard of through this site are www.capitalone.com/healthcarefinance, www.patientsource.net, www.healthone-financial.com, and www.mymedicalloan.com.  The interest rates for these loans are usually fairly high but if they're your only option, they may be worth it.  If you have good credit, you may be able to get a home equity line of credit or personal loan from your bank.

I hope this helps.  Good luck on your journey!

Amy

Tiff tells all
on 11/16/08 2:08 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
After looking at costs in Wa. I flew to Denver to Colorado Bariatric Surgical Inst. aka CBSI- Dr. Brown.

I paid cash out of pocket $9900 for consultation, education, surgery, anesthesia, the hospital stay - although it's done as an outpatient as Presbyterian St. Lukes in Denver. This price also includes 3 fills and your follow up visits for 3 months. Not too shabby!!!!! 

To top it off, Dr. Brown is a very compassionate and gentle MD.  I just adore him.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Most Active