New Doctor and New Hospital

jlph62
on 11/12/08 1:26 pm - Olympia, WA
I am with Group Health, but because of the fact that I have medicare, they cannot do my surgery until spring or summer next year.  I have been referred to Virginia Mason and Dr Thirlby.  Does anyone have any current information about this program.  I already have my approval and have done pre op labs, and other testing.  I have my first appointment on Dec 3rd. 
Barb S.
on 11/12/08 1:41 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
I had my surgery with Dr Lilly Chang at Virginia Mason in June of 2008. I loved my experience. I know Dr Thrilby is good. I however wanted Dr Chang. She is amazing and I could not be happier than I am with my experience to date. She is very knowledgeable, doesn'****ch the clock, and apparently is very calm in the O.R.  She doesn't have an ego and will take as much time as you need to have all of your questions answered. Her scheduler is also amazing. He is also very knowledgeable and when you arrive he makes sure you are taken care of. You are their priority.

I went to Virginia Mason from Vancouver BC Canada. The facility was recommended by my health plan. I chose the surgeon.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Barb
Helen_Anne
on 11/13/08 5:20 am - Bremerton, WA

I think Dr Thirlby is one of the most experienced bariatric surgeons in the state... or at least the surgeon doing cases the longest...he began doing WLS in the 1980's.

In fact, I decided to look into bariatric surgery was after I heard him speak about WLS.  He is very knowledgible.

He does all of cases open.

PM me, if you want to know about Virginia Mason Hospital.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jlph62
on 11/13/08 7:34 am - Olympia, WA
I'm glad to hear your opinion of Dr Thirlby.  I've been doing alot of web searching and everything I have read is very positive.  I know that he does all cases open but I can deal with that.  I am very impressed with all of the research he does and all of the teaching.  The hospital also has a good reputation, so I am pleased that I got this referral.
Joanne
Helen_Anne
on 11/13/08 7:39 am - Bremerton, WA

While he is very knowledgilbe... he is not really "warm and fuzzy"... but he KNOW's his stuff.  He is VM's difficult bariatric case guy. He also does  most of VM's revision surgeries.  If I ever have any bowel problems... I would definately go to him.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

debbie O.
on 11/14/08 7:26 am - snohomish, WA

Dr Thirlby did my rny in Jan of this year and I am really pleased. Everything has gone very well andI have lost over 100 lbs and am now 4 lbs from his goal for me.  He was great in the hospital and saw him for my 6 months check up and he was so excited and supportive. I think you have a great surgeon and you will be very happy with the results, just  remember  to follow the rules to use the "tool" to every advantage for maximum results!
I don't post often here but check the board often, you can always pm me if you have anyother questions.

Debbie O

Most Active