Pink Flamingo - are you back on?

lizzybear
on 11/12/08 9:40 am - Olympia, WA
Hey, just wanted to check in and see how your surgery went and how you're doing??

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

jillianD
on 11/12/08 10:12 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
She's here somewhere!! 
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

juicyprincess
on 11/16/08 12:55 am - Tacoma, WA
I talked to her about a week ago, her surgery went well. =)
lizzybear
on 11/16/08 8:47 am - Olympia, WA
Great, thanks for letting me know!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/17/08 4:39 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Izzy . Sorry , I haven't been on-line much since surgery . I don't know why , just haven't  . I'm doing really well . How was the conference ? Did you have a great time ?  Tell me all about it .

lizzybear
on 11/17/08 9:30 am - Olympia, WA
Hey there PF!!  I'm glad you're doing well!!!  So, will pics be posted once the swelling's gone down? 

I had a really good time at the event.  Met lots of people, some I recognized from avatars, some were new to me.  There were lots of people who'd had wls and looked so terrific (you'd never know they'd ever been overweight), some who had wls and were in their first few months of the new lifestyle and some pre-ops, too, who had lots of questions.  Great mix of people and stages.  Really good speakers and presentations!  Getting the plastic surgery consults was pretty cool.  Very informative and it really helped my mom understand why I want the skin removed, even though she says I look fine clothed and she didn't know why I'd do it.  Now she knows why (of course, sitting there through two consults and having to be a few feet from the never-ending wrinkly skin probably wasn't that great to look at!). 

Got lots of samples from the vendors and tried some really yummy samples.  I really liked the bars from the Focus 28 vendor.  My mom even liked them so much she ordered a couple different flavors for herself to have as a pre-workout snack.  I tried some other bars, too, but they upset my tummy and now I can't remember which vendor that was.  Oh, got mom hooked on the Click protein drink, too!  They had a table and were serving samples.  Everytime we walked by they'd give us another little sample cup even though they knew we'd already had "a few!"  It was great!  I am seriously addicted to that stuff.  Met Betty Sue Burkland from last season's The Biggest Loser - she is so hilarious and energetic and fun!!!  She's been keeping in touch with me since then.  I bought a bodybugg (they use them on the show) and been using it at the gym - I joined 24-Hour Fitness when I got back from LA - my one-year treat to myself, plus just being at the LA event really inspired me to start the next phase - working out to tone up the weak little muscles I've got leftover after losing the weight.  It's funny how weak I've gotten.  My gym buddy says it's because my muscles don't have to carry around as much weight as they did before - that even though I wasn't in good shape before and not at all toned, they were used to more weight bearing because of the added weight.  Woo - heck, I have trouble opening some of the hydraulic doors at work now, that I used to breeze right through before.  Guess having all that weight behind me really helped me get through them before!  Oh well, will have to build some muscles to be able to open doors now!

Mom and I also went to see Wicked! at the Pantages Theater and it was awesome!!! 

All in all, it was a terrific getaway.  Very busy and relaxing at the same time.  Just the break I needed to get away and relax a little. 

Well, my DH is in Las Vegas for work this week, so I have to go to his nascar pool tonight and pick up his winnings from the season.  Woo hoo - I hate going to these things!  So, I'll talk to you later.  I'm glad to hear you're doing really well!!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/18/08 1:28 am - Buckley, WA
Wow , sounds like you were busy , busy , busy . I'm glad you had fun . I sent you a PM .

Most Active