1-Year Surgiversary Slipped By! Long - sorry!

lizzybear
on 11/12/08 9:39 am - Olympia, WA
Wow, I kept thinking I need to post a happy surgiversary to me when I hit my one-year date, but then it flew right by.  It was Oct 26!!  I had my one-year post-op doctor visit and saw Dr. Hunter - he was very proud of how I've done and was all smiles!  He is so awesome!  My blood work came back and all my levels are great.  He said I could expect to be able to eat between 1/2 cup and 1-1/2 cups at a time on any given day - that how much I can eat can change daily or even during the same day, but just to go by what makes me feel satisfied. 

I went to the LA ObesityHelp.com 10-year anniversary and met lots of people.  Got a pic with Eggface & Melting Mama!!  My food heroes - when I need a new food to try or a new recipe, they're my go-to girls!  I also met Betty Sue (from last season's The Biggest Loser) - she was awesome - lots of fun and very encouraging!

I couldn't figure out what to give myself for my one-year treat and I finally decided on a membership at 24-Hour Fitness.  And I absolutely LOVE it!  I can't believe how good it feels to work out and feel muscles moving.  I have equipment at home, but it's so boring being in a room by myself and working out.  At the gym surrounded by others doing the same thing just seems so much more energizing.  Gotta get those muscles in shape so when I do my plastics next November, the surgeon's can definitely tell the muscle to leave from the extra skin/fat deposits to hack off and get the heck off of me!!

Reminds me - had ps consults with Dr. Katzen and Dr. Quiroz at the LA event.  It was very enlightening.  My mom was with me and she really liked them both.  I'm opting to go to Dr. Q - he seemed so caring and likable and even told me what I didn't need that I was thinking I did need.  Dr. Q said no sense in doing more than is needed and I agree - the less surgery, the better!  I was considering having my thighs done, too, but he said they look okay as is and will improve the muscle tone from working out will make them look better.  Plus he said he doesn't think the outcome of thigh lifts are really as noticeable as people hope for.  My DH wants the boobies done - I just want them back where they belong, but he said he was hoping for augmentation.  I told him to fork over the bucks and he's got a deal!  LOL - he thinks I'm kidding, but I'm not.  If he wants boobs, he's paying for them!  I just want to be able to wear some of those cute bras that I can't fit into now!  Well, and to not have to tuck them into my belt in the morning - just kidding - they hang like dog tits, but they're not to my waist.  Yet! 

My mom's all excited - a trip to Mexico next November!!!  It's going to take me that long to save up the $$, plus my works biggest season is now through the end of spring, then I have fire season in the summer that I can't be out of commission for, then when that's over, I'll be ready.  And since I plan my workload for training season, I'll plan around me being off work for 4-6 weeks.

Well, I haven't been around much - started my biggest workload season and have been out of town a lot.  It's nice to get home and be able to check up on everyone! 

Gonna go check out some posts and get caught up!!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Helen_Anne
on 11/12/08 10:06 am - Bremerton, WA

You have done so Great!!!  I saw your picture Eggface's blog... you looked like you had a great time in LA.

isn't Dr Hunter great!!!  He really calmed my husband fears after my surgery...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

pam H.
on 11/12/08 12:15 pm - Renton, WA
Lizzybear,you have done so well in just a year! I looked at your pics,and you look so much younger now. Belated congratulations on your surgiversary. 

sassietigger
on 11/12/08 3:38 pm
Congrats on your one year.  You have no idea just how inspiring it is to me to hear / read about being one year out.  It's amazing.  Thank you for sharing and updating. 
I have heard many things about dr Q... i'm thinking when all is said and done, and I am at goal I might need to look into this :)

~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

maxs_mom
on 11/12/08 9:55 pm - Auburn, WA

Congratulations on your success and kudos for all of the hard work and commitment I know it takes to lose weight, even with WLS, and exercise.

I like very much that your anniversary present to yourself was a gym membership.  I am less than one week pre-op and I know that it's the exercise part of the program that is going to be my albatross.  I've decided that my rewards from now on are going to be physical fitness related.  My first major goal is to become a passing visitor to terrific twosville and as soon as I drop under 300 lbs my husband knows what to get me: Wii Fit!

Again, congratulations!

Amy

jillianD
on 11/12/08 10:16 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey there I will type more later but congrats and if you ever want to come to support group on FT Lewis with me let me know.  Susan wen't to see Dr Q, so you can get the down low from her.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

lizzybear
on 11/13/08 12:11 am - Olympia, WA
Awesome - sounds great Jill!!  Let me know when your support group meets - sounds like a great idea to me!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

lizzybear
on 11/13/08 12:12 am - Olympia, WA
Thanks everyone for all your support!!!!  This is such an awesome place!!

Susan O.
on 11/13/08 3:12 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Hi!
   Happy belated Surgiversary! Isn't it great to know that you have survived and THRIVED this past year??!
   I will be happy to share everything I can about my surgery with Dr. Quiroz. I'm so glad that you got to meet him and see in person what a caring man he is. Did you get to meet Joyce (his PR person) also? She is awesome! They were getting ready to go to LA when I was there, and they were all so excited to be part of the 10 year bash.
   Talk to you soon!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

lizzybear
on 11/13/08 11:17 am - Olympia, WA
Yeah Susan - that would be awesome to get more info on Dr. Q.  I am already so excited and it's so far away still!!!

Most Active