LBL & BL tomorrow 11/7

Brandy L.
on 11/6/08 2:43 am - Baudour , Belgium
Wow....after being post-poned... its finally here. I have my BL and LBL tomorrow. I am sooo nervous and excited at the same time!

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Helen_Anne
on 11/6/08 7:42 am - Bremerton, WA
How exciting Brandy... you are SO beautiful now.. but after tomorrow you will be breath taking!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth surgery and fast recovery!!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

pam H.
on 11/6/08 10:56 am - Renton, WA
 Welcome back,Brandy! I was only a preop "lurker" before, but I always enjoyed your posts, and reading about your progress. Good luck tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I pray for a speedy recovery and minimal pain. Be sure to post some pictures of your transformation down the road.

Brandy L.
on 11/6/08 12:11 pm - Baudour , Belgium
THank you! I am sooo anxious for tomorrow I can't wait. But I do hope for a really speedy recovery, so that I can get back to my daughter and husband as soon as possible.

Brandy

nean
on 11/6/08 12:09 pm - Tacoma, WA
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Remember, after surgery, it gets better every day!

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/6/08 12:24 pm - Buckley, WA
Brandy , I don't know if you got my PM earlier this week . I haven't really been on-line since my surgery 8 days ago . You're having a bigger procedure than I had . I had an anchor cut TT , also called a flor de les (sp) , or inverted T  . Take a ton of stool softners (generic colace) . The last thing you want to do is strain after surgery . I'm sure you'll do great . The first couple of days were the worst , then it get's better after that . I've had a hard time resting . It's not that I feel great , just restless . I'm used to working . You'll be in my thoughts & prayers , sweety . xoxox Kathy

Brandy L.
on 11/6/08 12:29 pm - Baudour , Belgium
Kathy,

Thank you. I am still a little nervous but just ready for tomorrow to be here and over with. I hope the pain goes away quickly and I heal quickly so I can get back to my little girl! I miss her sooo much already.

I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well.

Brandy

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/6/08 12:52 pm - Buckley, WA
Brandy , you'd be silly not to be nervous . I was more nervous about this than my RNY . In my mind the RNY was necessary for my health , the TT was by choice . But , really , it's quality of life . I can't see living with the excess skin for the rest of our lives .
Pain isn't fun . But , like I said , the first few days are the worst . After that , the drains are the worst part . A necessary & irritating part of it . I get mine out tomorrow , hopefully . I can tell i'm starting to heal , as i'm starting to itch . Even though pain meds don't usually make me sick , I asked for an anti emmetic (sp) . I'm glad I did , as the oxycodone has made me sick to my stomach , at times . Might think about asking you're doctor for some . You'll do fine . It is tough being away from our babies . Kati & Christopher are older than your little one . They took turns staying with my son ( their dad) , so I only had one at a time . & they've tried to be really helpful . Kati turned 11 yesterday & Christopher will be 13 in January . I was glad when they were both home . They haven't even fought . lol .

Brandy L.
on 11/6/08 1:07 pm - Baudour , Belgium
I have it on my list of things to ask the doctor for. Anti-nasua meds, a steriod anti-itch cream since I had a lot of itching with my RNY and since I am moving out of the country I am trying to be well prepared.

I also plan on asking for a spare binder and plenty of stool softener. Also I am planning on making sure I have all necessary refills to get me by.

THanks forr all the advice! Happy and quick healing for the both of us!

Brandy

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/6/08 1:15 pm - Buckley, WA
Brandy , it sounds like you've got the important stuff taken care of . xoxox Kathy

Most Active