So frustrated

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 2:58 am - Bremerton, WA
Can someone please help me??? I had LGB on the 8th of October since then I have had really bad cramping that only goes away with oxycodone. I am so frustrated, I live out here in East Bremerton and keep calling family practice for a refill, my primary is out for the day. I am in so much pain and cannot function the only answer they give me is go to the ER!!! If I could know that this cramping was normal or that some of you have had it I would like to know. I called General Surgery at MAMC and all I get is a recording. I have my 1 mo f/u on the 14th. I do not want to wait that long to have my quality of life back! I stopped doing soy protein because I thought I might be having an allergic reaction. So far no change. The only thing I have is this message board, I hope some of you will give me answers, I almost want to say I regret it! So frustrated, and look forward to anyone with reply. Thanks for listening.

Chris
Helen_Anne
on 11/4/08 3:13 am - Bremerton, WA
Chris...

Are drinking or using more milk than you were before surgery?  You may have developed a Lactose intolerance.  This did not happen to me... but I have heard it is quite common.

You may want to repost this question on the main RNY board  and see what response you get.

I am so sorry you are getting these cramps!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 3:24 am - Bremerton, WA
Helen thank you. I have not been doing more milk, it is tough to consume anything when I am feeling this way.
I reposted there too thanks for your help and thoughts!
Hislady
on 11/4/08 3:46 am - Vancouver, WA
Have you contacted your surgeon? If you are in this much pain I would go to the ER they can contact doctors when we can't, they have contact info that is private. At least they could give you some stronger pain meds. Sorry you are having so much pain!
jillianD
on 11/4/08 12:12 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Are you calling 968-3105??  That is the direct line to general surgery.  Ask to speak to one of the nurses they can help you.  During normal hours of course.  If you are concerned do a walk in.  I know several who have done it, you probably will have to wait quite a while but the peace of mind might be worth it to you.

Where is the cramping located?  It it in the big site of entry to the left of your belly button?  That one is sore for quite a while.  Or is intestinal?  Have you had a good bm or passed gas lately?  If its gas,  Gas -X is amazing!!

Hope you can get some relief soon.

Jill
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

auntie-boopee
on 11/6/08 1:33 am - Silverdale, WA
hey christena,

did you get some help, I have been away from the boards for a couple of days.  I hope you are feeling better.  I know I had a pain that sounds similar and I used a heating pad and tylenolfor a few days and it finally went away. 

karen
hugs and kisses, Karen

highest/pre-op/current/goal
298/274/179/165
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/08 2:08 am - Bremerton, WA
They admitted me in at MAMC for the night. I was in serious pain. Trying everything I gave up and had to go in. After it all I was sent home with no milk products and see if that will do me better. I had CT and swallow testing and I am clear of any leaks or hernias. SO HAPPY about that! But I stopped the dairy and have been cramp free I just have no appetite and have not eaten for 2 days. I need to get moving on protein before I crash. Thanks for your info. I will go to supersupplements later. Do you go to GNC?
Chat soon!
Most Active