Back from Mexico!

Susan O.
on 11/3/08 5:04 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi everyone!
   Sorry I haven't been online for awhile! I just couldn't face the computer, as I had almost 500 emails when I returned, and didn't want to sit on the hard computer chair for that long!
   Anyway, my LBL/BL with Dr. Quiroz in Mexico went well. I am 17 days out today, and just starting to feel like standing up for longer periods. I still have sutures and a drain, so I have been trying to avoid that  "pulling" feeling. I gained almost 20 pounds in "swell weight", and although I have lost most of it, I definitely still feel puffy. My boobs look fantastic, if I do say so myself!
My tummy and rear no longer have hanging skin, and I know will look great once the swelling goes away. I am very happy I went the way I did with this surgery. The gals at the "Recovery by the Sea" house were utterly fantastic! Warm, caring and lots of fun.
  My only disappointment is that I was unable to stay longer and get my face done. My hematocrit was too low, even after an iron infusion and 5 days of iron shots. I am very thankful that Dr. Q has my health in mind and not just the bucks! I 'm already planning my next trip to have my face and arms done.
   Thanks to all who sent me emails, and called to see how i was doing. I appreciate you more than you can know!
Big HUGS!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Helen_Anne
on 11/3/08 5:33 am - Bremerton, WA
Susan...

Sorry about the 500 emails.. but its so great that you are back and everything went great!  When I get closer to needing some plastics I would like to talk to you more about this.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 11/3/08 7:54 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey Susan I am glas you came to the board to give the update.  I was wondering how you were doing and I won't be at group this week and possibly next too.  Sorry that the face lift didn't happen for you this time but everything has a reason.  Maybe by the time you are ready to do your arms I will be ready and we can do a girls trip.  LOL
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 11/4/08 12:11 am - Bremerton, WA
OMG Jill... what a cute Avatar... do you have a new kitten... or found a great picture!!!

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 11/4/08 12:04 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
LOL  I just found a great pic.  I figured the witchy needed to go.  I have some new pics but I nedd to get them on to the comp and then sized properly.  Oh BTW  I am free pertty much anytime next week if you want to meet up.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 11/3/08 10:18 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Susan!! Welcome home!

You know, since I won't get to see you, you will have to send me some pictures!  I am SO looking forward to hitting goal so I can plan my plastic surgery! (Only 40 pounds to go - and would you believe I am wearing size 10? some are still a little too tight, but I even squeezed into an 8!)

*hugs*

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

auntie-boopee
on 11/3/08 11:08 am - Silverdale, WA
Welcome back... sounds like surgery went well and I cant wait to see the results.  You looked great before PS, so I know you'll be looking super fantastic once all the swelling has gone done.  Make sure to share some pictures with us.  Continue to take it easy!

Karen
hugs and kisses, Karen

highest/pre-op/current/goal
298/274/179/165
kakkling
on 11/4/08 1:58 am - Tac, WA
Susan, I am so glad that everything went well. I missed you at the meeting last month, Shelley did a great job! I looking forward to seeing you at the next one.
Take care.
Kelly
Susan O.
on 11/4/08 8:32 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Thanks everyone! I am feeling the love! I will be happy to share pictures as soon as I am presentable! I'm anxious to hear how all of you are doing. Can't believe the big jumps on the weight loss tickers! You are all doing so great! I will be at MAMC group on Thursday - with a pad to sit on for those hard chairs! Hope to see everyone else soon.
Thanks for the cyber-hugs!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 11/6/08 12:36 pm - Buckley, WA
Hey , Susan . I agree , Dr. Q . could have gone the easy route & done your face . I think , from everything I have read , that he's a good surgeon with scruples . A good combo , when going out of the country . I'm so glad that everything went well , otherwise .
Thanks so much for calling before my surgery . It was great talking to you . Hopefully we can trade war stories at the Summit meeting later in the month . This is the first evening i'm really posting . I'm feeling pretty good , just not focusing well . lol . Kathy

Most Active