Hanging Belly after WLS...did it hurt u BAD!!!

sunnyinseattle1
on 11/2/08 2:52 am
TMI, but I need some help or encouragement.

I have a big tummy from being pregnant before and PCOS.  It hurts so bad, I can barely walk without holding it up. I do realize that the muscles hurts there. ALso was told that my ribcages will hurt as well. I am haunched over like the hunchback of Notre Dame.I cant stand in one place for longer then 2 mintues, because I am holding my stomach up. It feels like my tummy weighs 30 lbs.  I have increased pain to the point that my dilaudid is not helping it.

Did anyone has this problem or a similar problem? Please let me know.  I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

Sunny

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

bear25
on 11/2/08 3:28 am - chilliwack, Canada

Hi Sunny i had surgery the same day as you and yep floppy tummy is hurting too. I tried support panties but after about 20 mins i was in so much pain so now i'm just waiting for it to settle down, I hope someone can help you. Elisa

sunnyinseattle1
on 11/2/08 3:43 am
Elisa. I hope someone can help both of us!!!!

How are you fairing? Are you still in Seattle?

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

bear25
on 11/2/08 10:42 am - chilliwack, Canada
Hi sunny, i'm doing a little better each day. I came home on friday so it's nice to be here. Hope you are doing good.
pam H.
on 11/2/08 5:06 am - Renton, WA
 Hi Sunny,
I had surgery a week before you. My pain is much better now. I have the hanging belly, too. I
would suggest an abdominal binder while you are up. It is a big stretchy piece of fabric w/ velcro
strips on it to support your abdomen. Most surgical supply places have them or you could call
your clinic to see about getting one if it sounds like something you'd like to try. Finally most of the swelling that caused all that pain went away about 3 days ago. I haven't needed the narcotics
except occ. at night if the pain wakes me up. Also,I used a heating pad over my tummy in the evening when I was watching TV for a couple days. Hope this helps.- Pam (we met at the support
group in Auburn).

sunnyinseattle1
on 11/2/08 5:15 am
Thanks Pam!

I will call doctors tomorrow. I have been using a pillow and I am not laying down all day. I have been sitting up. So how many days exactly it took for the belling pain to go away?

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

pam H.
on 11/2/08 5:57 am - Renton, WA
I  think it was about 6 days when that pain went away.When you get rid of the extra swelling from the surgery, the pain gets better. Hope you feel bettter real soon.

nean
on 11/2/08 8:48 am - Tacoma, WA
I had spanx after my gallbladder surgery. The ones that come up to under your bra. They really helped with holding things in during the first week. Although if your clinic can get you an abdomenal binder that's probably cheaper.

It helped when I slept to take a really moldable pillow - like the ones with the polycarbonate bead in them and jam them up against my stomach once I was on my side in bed. Then my stomach was held in by the pillow and my forearm rested on the pillow instead of on my stomach.

Hope you feel better soon!

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

maxs_mom
on 11/2/08 9:17 pm - Auburn, WA

I knew my big old belly was going to hurt after surgery and had only ever heard to use a heating pad so this post and the replies are very helpful.  I will add abdominal support item to my list of things to get before surgery.

Thanks!

Amy

sunnyinseattle1
on 11/3/08 2:15 am
Amy,

I am glad u can use this info and help you!  I just got off the phone with Key Pharmacy in Kent on Pacific Hwy. They sell "binders". Cash out at $24.99. Here is there #. 206 878 3900 

If you are in need of discount medical supplies like shower chairs, Discount Medical Supplies in SeaTac on Pacific Hwy. They have them new or used. There number is 206 878 0999. 

Sunny

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

Most Active