HELP LOW IRON!!!!

vitalady
on 11/4/08 12:50 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Take it with fruit or veggie. Citrus is the natural choice. But if you prefer, coupla apple slices will do it.

This summer at ASMBS, I heard for the first time ever that there is actually an iron to C ratio.

So, 200mg vit C per 30 mg (elemental iron). So, I take 300mg Tender Iron with 1000 mg vit C (and I take mine with copper)

Don't worry about that part. Get some vit C, ascorbic acid, never Ester C (you can take that later with something else if you want), and take them together,. Vit C is cheap, cheap, cheap, sold everywhere, chew it or swallow it, even pick a flavor. Iron wants some acid, hence the ascorbic acid and maybe some fruit.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Starting Over
on 11/4/08 2:22 pm
I'm going to try that and see if it helps for my next blood test. I usually take my vitaminC tabs in the daytime and my Vitron-C iron at night. Taking them together makes sense though!
Thanks!
vitalady
on 11/5/08 8:38 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Just turbo charges the iron. We started on Vitron C back in the 90's and it didn't work so well for us. Hurt my pouch, didn't raise the levels. IN those days, it was also 65 mg elemental iron and we took 4, so nearly 300, just what I take today.

Copper also helps iron in, as so folic acid and B12. Don't know if you are taking any of those as separate issues, but you could take them near each other if you do.

Don't put the multi in with the iron, tho.

But today I take the 300mg in Tenders and numbers are holding steady now many years.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Nicki H.
on 11/3/08 10:28 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
The way that we give iron when it is written with Vit C is for the iron be taken with orange juice.  Ask your doc first if this is ok. 

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

hangokid11
on 11/4/08 11:45 pm - MT
thanks for all the help guys, knew i could rely on you  :)
MonikaMMH
on 11/9/08 6:49 pm - burien, WA
are u serious?  well i am doing this all wrong then.  i am getting infusions for iron now. and the doc is giving me chromagen forte and it gives me the opposite of constipation.  and i am not allowed any milk products right now.  and it definately has iron in it.....hate to say i just sorta do as i was told.   im newly banded and am new to all this.
Most Active