I have a Date and WOW it's only 5 days until my rebirth....

happy_in_seattle
on 10/29/08 3:14 am - Seattle, WA
THANK YOU ALL… who have allowed people like me to peek into your life. I just like many of the members/non-members of OH have been just looking and reading what others have ask, or what they have gone through or are going through with their different WLS. I have learned ALOT from you all just sitting on the side-lines .. From your postings I have figured out what is best from myself with regards to WLS by reading others successes and problem with their WLS’s which they have faced or are facing at the time. I have been wanting this kind of surgery for over 20 years but just couldn’t afford the cost. I have jumped through many hoops which I didn’t think I would fit through but some how, some way, it finally has happened. I did the research on the insurance company before and found out our company’s policy didn’t cover WLS at all. So I went to the HR department and got on my hands and knees to see if they could make sure that their new policy would cover WLS. WOW next thing I knew my company changed insurance policy’s and it now covers (SOME) WLS. I started my new journey in September 2008 with Dr McMahon at Swedish Medical. I have finished up all my labs and tests and now I am clear for surgery. I now have a surgery date of November 3. WOW….  
Helen_Anne
on 10/29/08 3:40 am - Bremerton, WA

Congrats on jumping through all those hoops and getting a surgery date...  its so exciting it is just a few days away!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

happy_in_seattle
on 10/29/08 4:33 am - Seattle, WA
I am so excite.. this is going to be along weekend.....
Annie B.
on 10/29/08 5:22 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Congratulations!! How exciting that everything is moving so fast!

~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

happy_in_seattle
on 10/29/08 8:08 am - Seattle, WA
Thanks!!!  I am very lucky considering some people... and the disappointment they must feel...
Linda
pam H.
on 10/29/08 7:32 am - Renton, WA
 Congratulations on getting your date!It won't be long now! Let us know if any questions or concerns come up along the way. I'm pretty new, too, so I'm still learning, but there are lots of helpful people 
here who have had all the different kinds of WLS surgery.

happy_in_seattle
on 10/29/08 8:10 am - Seattle, WA
Thanks!!! I don't have any questions yet... but I think this is going to be a very LOOONG weekend....

Linda
Starting Over
on 10/29/08 9:57 am
i am always excited when i hear that someone has fought for bariatric surgery. I too had to deal with my company excluding bariatric surgery, but i wasn't as lucky as you. They still haven't added it. Luckily my husband company paid for the surgery.
Employers would notice a dramatic decrease in sick leave and medical premiums if they covered bariatrics.
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!
davidandnita
on 10/30/08 4:00 am - Chehalis, WA
Best of luck to you, keep us posted on your progress, see you on the loosers bench :-)
Anita
jillianD
on 10/30/08 6:46 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow congratulations to you on getting your surgery.  I love to hear stories like yours and I know you will be sucessful, afterall you had the guts and determination to get you this far!! 

Ps I know you think this weekend will be long, but belive me it will pass very quickly once you think of all the things you need to do to get ready.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active