1 week post-op.

pam H.
on 10/28/08 4:44 am - Renton, WA
 I finally got out of my fog enough to get back online! Everything went well- went in Tuesday am, and was discharged at 11 am Thursday. I had a fever for a few hours on Wednesday that had me totally
wiped out. The fever broke Wed. evening after alot of walking and using the Incentive Spirometry
pretty much hourly. I'm pretty much on liquid tylenol during the day,and a teaspoon of oxycodone
before bed. Dr Lauter and the staff at Overlake were all great: very competent and very caring.I'm on full liquids.My pouch likes warm liquids best.My husband ran out and surprised me with some pho
broth. I strained it and it was soothing and delicious. I'm going to get outside for a walk again today.
If you see a slightly hunched -over woman being dragged by 2 energetic dogs- that's me!

Helen_Anne
on 10/28/08 6:06 am - Bremerton, WA
Pam..
I am so glad that you are doing so well... I was amazed how quickly my pain ended after surgery. 

My cat walked with me the first few weeks after surgery... but clearly that was much different than 2 dog's trying to pull me along with them!  Don't forget to take your water on your walks.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Donna Childress
on 10/28/08 7:54 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Pam,

Congratulations!  I was so waiting to hear from you again after meeting you at Merrilou's support group on October 14th. 

I'm so happy things went smoothly for you and you are up and walking already!  Wow Wee! 

I can also honestly say I wi**** were me.  I'm still trying to fight my Boeing Traditional insurance..... and that new darn 12 month doctor supervised dieting.  But after doing much more research and calling the 12 months there is no way to get around it.  I'm now contacting all the doctor's I've seen in the past couple of years trying to get "weight recorded" chart notes.  Seems like many doctor's don't like turning over their chart notes - but as near as I know it is within my legal rights to obtain them so I am pushing.....  I'm hoping if I can get enough I may be able to start my 12 months a few months ago anyhow.

Well, when and IF you feel up to it, if you can tell me about all the details of your surgery - both gory and not gory etc., it would be most appreciated.  The more I learn the better. 

And most of all I hope to chat with you again at Merrilou's next meeting.  Can't wait to see the new you!

Sincerely,
Donna/ragadolly

Beetle
on 10/28/08 8:15 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Good for you, Pam, hopefully it'll all continue going uphill very quickly.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

kittykatzmom
on 10/28/08 8:59 am - Mason co., WA
YAY... your gonna do great,  just dont let the dogs pull you too hard, unless your on skates, then be careful..lol

~Cindy~

jcheryld
on 11/7/08 1:32 pm
Glad to hear that everything went well! Great idea to walk the dogs to get in your exercise!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Most Active