8 months out!

Annie B.
on 10/27/08 6:16 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey everyone!

Today, I am eight months post-op!  I am down 122.5 pounds from my high weight of 315...I am now 192.5.  I have gone from a size 26/28 to wearing some size 10 jeans. My tops were 30/32 and 5x, now wearning some larges, but mostly XL (too much skin yuck-o). 

I can't believe how far I have come. I honestly never thought I would wear a size 10! I am still 42.5 pounds from goal, so I think I will end up fairly small.

I'm wondering if any of you have noticed this...I used to look at size 10 & 8 jeans and think, "oh my goodness, those are SO tiny!"  Now when I see them, I have noticed they don't look so small to my anymore. This must be my warped perception - because they look big to me. I see them and think, "yeah, i know I'll be able to wear those soon, they look pretty big."  It's really strange.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I look at people and wonder what size they are, and how I look in relation to them...I guess I'm trying to get a sense of what other people might see that I look. Does that make sense?

Anyway, things are going well. I haven't found a support group yet here, but hopefully I will soon...or else I will have to start one.

Oh, we can't find our camera, but with my phone, I took a couple of pictures of myself trying on my size 10 jeans. Also one face shot taken on my phone.

I miss you guys!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

auntie-boopee
on 10/27/08 10:23 am - Silverdale, WA
Annie....

You look great.  I have been wondering about you and I'm glad you are adjusting to the move.  Size 10's...wow, I can only pray that will be me one day!  Take care and keep up updated.

Karen
hugs and kisses, Karen

highest/pre-op/current/goal
298/274/179/165
Annie B.
on 10/27/08 11:59 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Karen! How are you doing?
~Annie

Helen_Anne
on 10/27/08 1:26 pm - Bremerton, WA
Annie...

YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!  A size 10... I so hope I will be in size 10 some day!!  I am so glad that you are getting settled in your new home! 

How is the weather?  While its sunny here... I am sure it's lots warmer where you are.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Annie B.
on 10/28/08 2:27 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hey Helen!  You can get there too...it's beyond my wildest dream to be in a 10...and the thing is...I know I'm not done yet...where will I end up? An 8? Maybe even a 6? That would be crazy!!

Even in middle school I was never a size 10. I remember someone saying, "real women wear double digits." And I remember thinking...guess I'm a real woman then - and that was like 7th or 8th grade - and I know I wasn't just BARELY in double digits...so I was probably a 14 or so then.

Today it's supposed to get up to the high 50's...and we're supposed to get our first frost this week.  I heard it's supposed to snow this winter here...and it hasn't done that in YEARS here LOL. 

Anyway, I'm off to take a nap...we're going to the Boo at the Zoo tonight in Columbia and I need some rest.  We got up early and I went swimming (I feel good, but tired!)

*hugs*
~Annie

nancy6
on 10/28/08 12:31 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey, Annie!  You are doing GREAT!  Your new pics are wonderful - and you are right, you'll be tiny when you get to your goal!  I'm glad that the move went well and that you are getting settled in and found a good church.  That's important...

I can so identify with you wanting to know how you look in relation to other people.  I find myself thinking those same things all the time.  I've even asked my husband a time or two - "Do I look about the size of that woman?"  He doesn't understand why I need to know or even ask so I try not to bother him with it...but I am still curious!  I think we are so used to seeing ourselves overweight and we look at ourselves every day  that we don't have a clear picture of what we look like with the weight off.  Even looking at photos of myself - I don't see it the same way as others do...  I just am grateful that the weight is off!!  :)

Well, I just had to say "hi" and let you know we miss you here, too!  Have a very Happy Halloween with those boys of yours!!

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 10/29/08 2:10 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with

Thanks, Nancy!!

Would you believe I was able to shove myself into a pair of 8's? Yes, it was work, and they're a little too tight to wear in public yet...but I could get them closed AND I can sit down in them LOL. What craziness. I think I'm addicted to trying on clothes. Though this time I did it at a thrift store so instead of $20 for a pair of jeans, I only had to spend $4.  LOL.

Yes! Totally about the "do I look about the size of that woman?" thing!! I have restrained myself from asking Adam, but I want to.  I want to know how other people see me because I know I don't see myself accurately. I do know I MUST be getting thin if I can wear 10's and now even an 8!  A lady I was talking to told me I had thin legs - this was in the locker room at the Y...and I was in my swimsuit...I was shocked...I still see all the flab and yucko...but she said they're thin...and I know she isn't a skewed perception...ugh. 

I so miss my support groups!! Just to vent and unload this stuff LOL. So I guess that's what I'll do here.

*hugs*
~Annie

nancy6
on 10/29/08 1:22 pm - Tacoma, WA
Take those compliments when they come your way!!  :)  You do have thin legs - I remember that and can see it in your pictures as well.  You are just doing great - to be able to get into size 8 jeans is wonderful.  Who cares if they're a little snug?  They'll be fitting just fine before you know it!  Take care and keep in touch with your OH support lines!!  :)
Hugs back to you!

~Nancy~

vitalady
on 10/28/08 12:59 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Hi honey! I am unable to get email out before tomorrow, so will post the list of labs here, ok?

Not to be construed as medical advice, this list includes labs we have had performed as gastric bypass patients. The first group, every 3 to 6 months for life, as we are able. The second group, annually, as long as the results were comfortably within normal limits for more than 2 years in a row.

1st Group

*80053 Comprehensive Metabolic profile: (sodium, potassium, chloride, glucose,BUN, creatinine, calcium, total protein, albumin, total bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase) (10231)

* 84134 Pre-albumin:

* 7600 Lipid profile: (cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, chol/HDL ratio)

* 10256 Hep panel: includes ALT (SPGT) & GGT)

* 84100 Phosphorous - Inorganic: (718)

* 83735 Magnesium:

* 84550 Uric Acid: (905)

* 7444 Thyroid panel: (T3U, T4, FTI, TSH) (84437; 84443; 84479; 84480)

* 85025 Hemogram with platelets: (1759)

* 7573 Iron: TIBC, % sat

* 83550 Ferritin: (457)

* 84630 Zinc: (945)

* 84446 Vitamin A: (921)

* 82306 Vitamin D: (25-hydroxy) (680)

* 84052 Vitamin B-1: (Thiamin) (4052)

* 84207 Vitamin B-6: (Pyridoxine)

* 7065 Vitamin B-12 & Folate: (82607; 82746)

* 83970 Serum intact: PTH

* 83937 Osteocalcin:

* 84597 Vitamin K:

* 85610 PT:

* 85730 PTT:

2ND GROUP

* 593 LDH:

* 31789 Homocysteine, Cardio:

* 83921 MMA:

* 367 Cortisol:

* 84255 Selenium:

* 84590 Vitamin E:

* 82525 Copper:

For diabetics: *496 - HEMOGLOBIN A1C

POSSIBLE DIAGNOSIS CODES

269.2 Hypovitaminosis

268 Vitamin D deficiency

275.40 Calcium deficiency

266.2 Cyanocobalamin deficiency (B12)

281.1 other B12 deficiency anemia

281.0 Pernicious anemia

280.9 Iron-deficiency anemia

281.2 Folate deficiency anemia

285.9 Anemia, unspecified

269.3 Zinc deficiency

244.9 Hypothryoidism

250.0 Diabetes

401.9 Hypertension

276.9 Electrolyte and fluid disorders

272.0 Hypercholesterolemia

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*579.3 Surgical malabsorption*

*579.8 Intestinal malabsorption *

* Bands or sleeves should not use these codes as they are not accurate.

*Some insurance companies will not pay for any procedure that uses these codes.

LAB TARGETS

This is NOT medical advice, just my own targets for the main blood levels I watch.

Protein: 7's

Albumin: 4's

Pre-Albumin: 20-30's

Iron: 80-100

Ferritin: 200-300

HGB: 12+

HCT: 36+

Vit A: 60- 80

Vit D: 80-120

Calcium: 9.0-9.4

PTH: 20-40

Vit B1: Mid to top of range

Vit B6: Mid to top of range

Magnesium: Mid range (but also go by if we have leg/foot cramping)

Zinc: Mid range

Vit B12: 1000 +

Folate: Top of range

AST (sgot): Below 40

ALT (sgpt): Below 40

We usually want to "meet or beat" pre-op levels. In some cases, higher is better, and in other cases (Cholesterol, PTH for example), lower is better.

The only things *I* don't mind being on the high end of out of range are Ferritin and B12. But that applies to ME.

My doctors don't show interest in any of these until I am out of range. *I* am interested when I begin heading that direction.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Annie B.
on 10/29/08 2:17 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks so much, Michelle! It's great to have those target ranges too! Thankfully I did find that sheet you gave me...right before I went to the appointment. I gave it to the doctor and said, "I need to have these labs done."  He took a look at it, and said, "ok, I'll put in for it."  He asked if I felt the need to see a surgeon, and I said, "as long as I can get the lab work done that I need to, I feel like I'll be alright." He agreed that if I'm not experiencing any problems, then he would just put my labwork through.

Which is WONDERFUL...I'm getting SO much more done than probably a surgeon around here would have done...and who knows how far I would have had to drive to get to one anyway!  So either tomorrow or Friday I will go in first thing and get all those vials of blood drawn! YAY!

*hugs* to you, Michelle!!!

Most Active