PISSED OFF!!! Mad as hell @ UW Pharmacy

sunnyinseattle1
on 10/23/08 9:02 am
One hour ago, I was called by UW Pharmacy and was told they dont take my Insurance for prescriptions at all. *******s!!!  They had my Lovenox script since October 6th and they figured they would call me today. 5 days before my surgery to **** me off and stress me out. I am calling around. Walgreens is my pharmacy of choice. Yet, I was told by them, in no uncertain terms will my liquid pain killers will be ordered until they have the prescription in hand. So I have to spend money, that I dont really have to get all scripts from the got damn hospital.

I just put a call in, to my nurse at the UW, to see if they can do anything.  

*******s!

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Helen_Anne
on 10/23/08 9:26 am - Bremerton, WA

Most doctor's office will fax your prescription to any pharmacy.  I hope that the UW will do that for you. 

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

sunnyinseattle1
on 10/23/08 9:39 am
Narcotic prescriptions can not be faxed in. They have to be hand carried in. DEA regulations.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

jillianD
on 10/24/08 2:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ahh that is rotten, Lovenox is expensive too.  Why did you nurse give your Rx's to the pharmacy instead of you??
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

sunnyinseattle1
on 10/24/08 3:34 am
Jillian,

WHo knows..... I had a old time nurse that was taking over for my regular nurse. She did what she normally does for people.  SO I got stuck with it.

After the BS yesterday, I was able to get a partial fill of Lovenox. I am going back today/tomorrow for the rest.  I am happy about it. 

Sunny

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/24/08 1:08 pm - Buckley, WA
Sorry about the meds . What is Lovenox ? That really sucks . I had problems with getting meds right after my surgery . It wasn't U.W.
You're almost there !!! Woo Hoo !!!

sunnyinseattle1
on 10/25/08 12:53 am
Lovenox is a drug that is supposed to protect you from blood clots.

3 days.........  you are almost there too! Yeah for us!!!

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/25/08 2:07 am - Buckley, WA
I'm full of nervous energy , trying to get my house in shape . Although you couldn't tell it by the way my house looks . I find out what time I have to arrive the day before surgery . How about you ? Are you nervous ?

sunnyinseattle1
on 10/25/08 6:36 am

Yeah I am nervous and somewhat anxious!. I will probably get get more nervous on monday. Pre-Anthesthia will be calling me the day before too. I hope my surgery is early in the morning. I would like to be awake and walking by the night...lol  I am also doing lots of stuff around my house. We are having the carpets cleaned right now. Then we are heading out for a afternoon of shopping.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

Most Active