Spokane Area Folks!!

giver44
on 10/17/08 4:01 am - Post Falls, ID
  Hi there Molly and all you other folks.
  It was mentioned last night at Group.. Rockwood Clinic.. that there aren't many people on here from our side of the mountains. 
  Well folks lest get active.  Don't be afraid to speak up.. ask questions.. and give a little encouragement .
 I and many others are here daily.. just a lurking around.
  Hopeing to hear from you all.
  I was impressed with the meeting  last night. It is always so rewarding to me.. To see you all and to hear your successes.. and concerns.   Alice
shymomma
on 10/17/08 5:26 am
Hi Alice,
yes, the meeting was great. I am glad I went. It was exciting to hear all the stories and the weight loss amounts.
We do need some more Spokane people on here!!
have a great weekend,
highest wt. 250. pre-surgery 238.  current 142.  
Tummy Tuck  1-25-11 
musik
on 10/17/08 2:13 pm - WA

Hi there! I have not attended a meeting but I would like to. I have surgery this Wednesday so it will be awhile. Have you met anyone there who has had the DS by chance?
Brenda

wifeofabozohead
on 10/20/08 4:49 am - Burien, WA
I am from spokane, I would love to attend one of the support meetings.  I had RNY May of 06 and just had twins 9-1-08.  So Im usually on the post op-pregnancy board.  Please email me some information, and I will try to make the next meeting.  - Suzy
EricW
on 10/20/08 8:21 am - Kettle Falls, WA
I live in Kettle falls but would gladly make the Spokane trip for a support group meeting.  Maybe post up a few more details and I'll make the next one.

I had a DS on August 20, with Dr. Rabkin in San Fransisco, nearly 70lbs down today and doing great. 

Let us know the particulars so we can all meet up.  Looking forward to it.  Thanks for your post.  EW
giver44
on 10/21/08 2:25 am - Post Falls, ID
Hello Eric!! Welcome to the Spokane area.  We meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month. 
We have several men who actively pertistipate.
  ALICE
EricW
on 10/22/08 10:42 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
On October 21, 2008 at 9:25 AM Pacific Time, giver44 wrote:
Hello Eric!! Welcome to the Spokane area.  We meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month. 
We have several men who actively pertistipate.
  ALICE
Hey Alice,  Where at and what time? 

Marcy,  A support group at the Fruitland store might be a real mind blower for most folks.  LOL 

Lets round up the hicks from the [email protected]
giver44
on 10/23/08 2:02 am - Post Falls, ID
Hi There!!  I am not the best one to give directions..Being a retired school bus driver.. I pretty much go by land marks.
  It is  a t the Rockwood Clinic  Beariatric Center.. but not at the Rockwood Clinic on 5th.. I tell people it is in the parking garage at Sacred Heart Hospital.  After you park come up on the elevator to Level 7.  The room # is  770. We meet at 6:00 the 3rd Thursday of every month.  If you aren't there by 5:45 you aren't going to find a place to sit.  It is very well attended.  On that nite only they validate parking.
  In January they will begin to have 2 different meetings a month.. and at a different site.
 Please feel welcome.  We would be glad to se you and welcome any input you may have.
 I do know there is also a group at Holy Family.. but I don't any information onn that one.
  Good luck to you.  Alice
marcy7
on 10/21/08 10:50 am
Hello. I am from Fruitland, Wa. I had gastric bypass 1 wk ago. I am looking for support groups and people online as I live in a fairly remote area. marce
Geminidream
on 10/21/08 10:59 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Alice!
It *was* a great meeting, wasn't it?!  I worked this weekend and haven't had a day off till today and then of all days...car trouble.  Sheesh.  Been working in the yard like a fool as well as in the house baking up a storm for upcoming potlucks.  But wanted to come and check in here to see what is up with any and all of us east side folks.  You are right, we need to get more active and I'll try too! 

Been trying hard not to stress eat today but it hasn't worked too well.  The worst thing so far was some reallly, really salty potato soup.  Sigh...  I'm so thirsty already! 

Better day tomorrow, I hope, and even better yet on Thursday when my car gets fixed (crossing fingers!).  You have a good one!

Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active