Don't forget "SUPPORT GROUP MEETING IN AUBURN (10/14) next Tuesday night at 6:30

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/9/08 12:33 am, edited 10/9/08 12:35 am - WA
Hope to see everyone at 6:30 Merrilou (253) 939-8865
Donna Childress
on 10/9/08 4:55 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Merrilou,

I was planning on coming to your support group as a newbe.  However, I just got word from my insurance company that they denied me.  I need 12 months doctor documented weight loss prior to my surgery request.  They will not accept my 100 pound weight loss with Weigh****chers 4 years ago because I gained it all back.  I don't have a 12 month weight loss without weight gain in the last 12 months. 

I feed totally down and doomed.  I'm 55 years old and don't feel like I can mentally or physically handle another 12 months of dieting again.  I just want to crawl under my blankets and cry forever right now. 

ragadolly
Helen_Anne
on 10/9/08 8:24 am - Bremerton, WA
Ragadolly...

I am so sorry to hear that you need to do a 12 month medically supervised diet... I thought 6 months was long... but I have to say... once I got started... it wasn't too bad.  I used this time to get off of caffine, let go my addiction to Diet Coke, and begin to get off sugar (I have to confess while doing my 2 week mostly liquid diet  before my surgery, I ate my last cookie).  The best thing about starting the 12 month diet... is a year from now you will be getting your surgery date...

FYI... my doctor said that my 17 # weight loss was higher than average...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

nancy6
on 10/13/08 11:27 am - Tacoma, WA
Come on down to Merrilou's group anyway.  You might find you'll get some good support that can help you through the next 12 months!  I know it's got to be very disappointing for you, but you can make it.  Merrilou's group is great.  Hope to see you there!

~Nancy~

Donna Childress
on 10/14/08 2:43 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Nancy,

Thank you for the invite to Merrilou's.  I found her address and phone number on the forum - I think you are right - I will need support to get through this next 12 months or more - so I will do my best to be there.  I called and talked to her husband a few minutes ago for directions.

Thank you,
ragadolly/Donna

nancy6
on 10/14/08 9:14 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Donna - Hope to see you at Merrilou's.  It's not hard to find and I'm sure Dennis gave you great directions.  Take care and maybe we'll see you tonight!

~Nancy~

Starting Over
on 10/9/08 5:10 pm
Hey Merrilou,
PM me the address!

Thanks,
Paula
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/13/08 4:17 am - WA
1923 3th. St SE Auburn 98002
sunnyinseattle1
on 10/14/08 2:59 pm
Great group and bunch of gals!!!  I am so jazzed. I will definitly come back again.   Merrilou you are a good hostess!!!!!!

Thanks for being so welcoming to me I appreciate it alot.

Sunny

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Most Active