It's about time to introduce myself !

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/8/08 11:47 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome Pam . It's good to see you here . Things happen for a reason . I'm sure it's for the best , as you say .

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/08 12:10 pm - WA
Hi Pam!   Welcome to the Washington forum!   I'm new here too, but these people are MARVELOUS!   Lucky you that you live so close to their support group up north!

I'm still in the pre-op stages...working on losing the 5% that my insurance requires.  Will be there soon, I hope!   You'll need to be saving ME a spot on the loser's bench!

Hope to "see" a lot of you here!
karen C.
on 10/11/08 3:10 am - Kennewick, WA

Pam,

I don't "visit" here often. I hang out mostly on the Over Fifty Forum (that's years, tho I used to fit the BMI also!) Noticed your surgeon. . . Dr. Lauter did my surgery 2/16/05. . . . I can't sing his praises enough. He doesn't say a whole lot, but he is so caring and competent as is his staff.

I attended a support meeting in Dr. Lauter's office when I went in for my 3 yr check. Don't remember the date. Sure wish I lived over there. I'm in Kennewick and don't have much for active support groups here. You are definitely in "good hands."

Karen C

kcbelles
on 10/12/08 4:36 pm - Bellevue, WA
Hi, Pam - good luck to you! I see you have the same surgeon I had, so you're in good hands. There's about five or six of us at work and we all went to him (like a ripple effect - once we saw that our insurance company now pays for this with a lot less fuss than they used to).  And we're all doing well - it's interesting cuz it's like having a support group right at work and to see how differently we're all reacting to the same procedure.

Hope to hear how it goes for you - come back soon and let us know.

pam H.
on 10/13/08 1:10 pm - Renton, WA
It's great to hear from long term post-ops of Dr. Lauter's. I know I am in good hands with him. Still, I am getting more nervous as my surgery date approaches. My preop appointment is tomorrow. I passed my final hurdle , which was a last minute cardiac stress test. It's a good thing I started a walking program in May. Back then I got short of breath just tying my shoes! I will let you all know how everything goes. Thanks for the encouraging words. -Pam 

Most Active