It's about time to introduce myself !

pam H.
on 10/7/08 6:21 am - Renton, WA
Hello! After about 6 months of getting ready, I finally have a surgery date. I thought I would have
my surgery done by Labor Day. Unfortunately, the Valley program that I started with closed down
the week I was going to get my date! Now Dr. Lauter in Bellevue will be doing my surgery and I
actually think he is a better fit for me, No regrets about starting w/ Valley. The staff there was wonderful. I am continuing with their support group as long as it stays open,because the people
there are great, and it's so close to my house. I will get to the Overlake support group when I can,
so far their meetings interfere with my work schedule.I also have learned alot from the OH site. I hope you'll save me a spot on the loser's bench. 

Helen_Anne
on 10/7/08 7:33 am - Bremerton, WA
Pam...

Welcome to the Washington Board... and Congrats on your surgery date... it will be here before you know it.

There is lots of support here!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/7/08 7:39 am
Hello, and welcome! The process always seems to take longer than you think it will, but it sounds like it was a blessing in disguise.
You're right, OH is a great place to learn. I've learned more here (and sometimes more accurate info than even from my surgeon) than almost anywhere else. Congrats on your surgery date!
Deanne
scott54
on 10/7/08 9:38 am - McKenna, WA
RNY on 09/24/08 with

It is nice to meet you.  Congrats on your date.  This is a great board with plenty of friendly people to answer questions, so fire away.

Scott

jillianD
on 10/7/08 10:25 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Wow the last 2 weeks will fly right bye!  Good luck to you and there is always plenty of room on the loosers bench!!  ( cause we are all shrinkin )
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Hislady
on 10/7/08 10:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Welcome, we love new faces! As you can see we are a Heinz 57 of WLS a little bit of all kinds, but we all get along and support each other!
Shelley S.
on 10/7/08 1:13 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there and welcome!!! Your new birthdate will be here before you know it!!  If you have any questions or need anything, don't hesitate to ask.  We will for sure be saving you a seat!!

pam H.
on 10/7/08 2:05 pm - Renton, WA
 Thank you for all your kind words of welcome! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and concerns in the coming weeks. It's great to know that there is a great group of folks here  on the WA board. Hopefully I'll be able to "Pay it forward" when I'm post-op and more sure of myself.

Beetle
on 10/8/08 2:16 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Hi Pam,
I don't live far from you (Fairwood), and I'll make sure to drag you along to our next GTG.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/8/08 10:57 am - WA
Welcome Pam, our next support group meeting in Auburn is Oct. 14th. We meet at 6:30 we would love to meet you. Merrilou (253) 939-8865
Most Active