Olympia group - we need one

Shelley S.
on 10/7/08 1:16 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
I have been trying to talk Jillian into getting certified like Susan to be a leader, maybe you guys can help encourage her to do that  hehehehe.

Have you guys looked into the library? They usually have a room that can be used for free depending on where you go and when you need it.  Just a thought.  I think a group in Olympia would be an awesome idea, I know there are a lot of folks in that area

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/8/08 4:50 am
I was wondering about the library too. I'd be OK with having it in my living room, but right now I have my living room furniture in a different house I'm selling as staging furniture ( I guess we could use the living room of the house being sold, while it's unoccupied) but I think most people would be more comfortable meeting in a public place, especially the first time. I'll call around today and see who has rooms available.
Amanda T.
on 10/7/08 2:07 pm - WA
Mondays at 7 work great for me! I can't wait i hope this works! :)

Amanda 
"impossible is nothing"

jcheryld
on 10/7/08 11:43 pm
Mondays at 7:00pm work good for me. Please keep me posted!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

grandmabev47
on 10/8/08 10:27 am - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Mondays at 7 should work for me also....Yes Jill, does need to get certified....she is awesome with everything....I do agree with you Shelly....I think the library  is free... I don't know if you can bring food in....We could meet at my house also...but I live at Steamboat its a little further out...I don't know about a grange hall !  or the cost involved....let me know...thanks Bev

Susan O.
on 10/9/08 4:53 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Deanne!
   I'm so proud of you for getting a suport group going in your area! I'd love to have you at ours more often, but I know the distance makes it very difficult. Getting certified through OH is very easy - just takes a little of your time, and then LOTS of desire to make it work - even if no one shows up at first! PM me if I can help! (I will be in MX for PS from Oct. 16-Nov 3 or so...., but I'll have internet access when I feel awake enough!)
    Hope things are going better for you now!
Hugs!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/9/08 6:11 pm
Hi, and thank you! Life never quite slows down, but losing extra weight sure makes it easier to keep up.
I really enjoyed your meeting, and everyone was so nice, I just wish you were closer. I'll see if Jillian is thinking of getting certified, and if she's not interested, I'll look into it. Being a bit shy, I'm not ideally suited for it, but everyone I meet through OH has been so nice I think I can handle it.
PS in Mexico - I'm so excited for you! And you'll be in Mexico (in my opinion) at the best time of year, so I hope you get to lay around and enjoy the sunshine while you recuperate.
Take care!
jillianD
on 10/10/08 12:11 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I am kinda thinking of gettin certified, but I think you should too! ( If you want )  I'm not shy at all...  LOL.  If I do the certification you need a name for your support group, anyone have any ideas?
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/10/08 4:48 pm
Well, I doubt I'll get a second vote for "big fat losers". Maybe just as well. I'll be thinking about one. Hopefully everyone is checking back here for now if they are wondering about dates. It sounds like Monday evening would work for most of us, and I think the Tumwater library has a room we can use, but only one person there can schedule the room, and I can't seem to call when she is available, so now it will likely be after the weekend when I can get her. I'll post here after I talk to her and find out if we have a room.
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/08 10:46 am - WA
I like "Big Fat Losers".   But then, I'm twisted too.  hehe
Most Active