Olympia group - we need one

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/6/08 1:05 pm
I was talking to another person from Olympia about the need for a WLS support group in or near Olympia, as the nearest groups are quite a drive from here.
If you live in or near Olympia, and would like to come to a new support group for WLS people (any type - RNY, DS, band, etc) reply here with days or times that would work for you, so we can find a good time, then a place. I need someone else to try out my WLS surgery friendly snacks on
Deanne

valdera
on 10/6/08 1:52 pm - Tumwater, WA
I am very interested in a support group. Most evenings and days can work for me. I am pre-op and not sure which type of surgery I will ultimately get. My insurance pays for RNY and will be paying for lapband. I am going to a seminar in Portland this month to get more information.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/7/08 7:26 am
How about Monday evenings at 7? We could all decide at the first meeting if we want to do it once or twice a month or whatever. Does this work for you? Not sure where yet, let me know if you have any good ideas.
Deanne
(I'm gonna pm this message to all *****plied so they will get a response to thier mesages)
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/08 9:49 pm - WA
Count me in!  Evenings and weekends work for me.

Valdera, I went to the seminar sponsored by OWLS / Legacy on Sept 24.     Other than getting lost and having a meltdown, it went pretty good.  ;o)   Dr. Valerie Halpin presented.
jillianD
on 10/6/08 10:55 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Did someone say snacks???  I wouldn't mind getting togther, I am free pretty anytime except thursdays.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 10/7/08 1:18 am - WA
"SNACKS" Sounds good! When and where? Merrilou
Amanda T.
on 10/7/08 1:41 am - WA
YAY!! Me too! :) I'm free pretty much every weekend and evening! I would LOVE it! :)

Amanda 
"impossible is nothing"

kittykatzmom
on 10/7/08 1:53 am - Mason co., WA
YAY...  Olympia would be great , I'm in Shelton and either have to go to Bremerton or Tacoma.
Any day or time is ok with me.

~Cindy~

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/08 10:52 am - WA
Mondays are great for me, Deanne!

As to where to meet, the Olympia Center across from Percival Landing has meeting rooms that can be rented for $13/hour (minimum 2 hour).

Or maybe we can call St. Pete's and see if they have a room we could use for free.

Meeting at a restaurant is ok too, but could spell trouble.  Especially if they serve alcohol.  Heh.

Maybe the Salvation Army would let us use a room...they may have TOPS in there on Monday nights though.

I'll try to come up with more ideas...

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/8/08 12:22 pm
I like that place, and use going there as an excuse to walk at percival landing. The library is free, but the Oly library is closed for a few months for remodeling, and she said they have a heirarchy that would get first dibs on the rooms. I'll try the
Tumwater or Lacey ones.
Most Active