Well, we're almost out of here...

Annie B.
on 9/30/08 1:22 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I am a mixed bag of emotions!  We are checking out of base housing this morning (pray it goes well!!) and we have a bunch of little things to do before we leave...I'm so sad to leave all my wonderful friends here.  I will miss you all so much! My family is so close here, it is hard to leave them as well. My kiddos will not have gramma and grammy close by like before.  It's going to be hard on them too.

I'm excited to begin a new adventure. It's one reason I was excited about dh joining the Air Force - getting to see new places and experience new things.

We are in base lodging now and planning to head out tomorrow morning. As long as dh can get all of his out processing done.

It's been a hard week - getting the stuff packed and loaded wasn't so bad. It was the cleaning!  Yikes!  I worked so hard - too hard.  I didn't realize that at 7 months post-op I could still overdo it - my surgery area started hurting yesterday - along with my feet, hips and back.  So in the end, we hired our neighbor to finish the cleaning ($200) - quite a hit on our pocketbook, but worth it because of the pain.

Cool thing tho, with all the stuff we were getting rid of, a guy came by and wanted some of it...so we of course said, take what you want. He didn't feel right all that stuff free (we were gonna leave it anyway). It turns out that he was a professional carpet cleaner, so he cleaned the bedroom carpets for us for free!  Now, the boys' carpet was destroyed beyond help, and we already knew that, but he got the stains out of our other carpets in the other bedrooms! YAY!

One thing I learned from this is that I am pretty sure I NEVER want to live on base again! They are so much more strict with us moving out than any landlord I have ever had before.  Thankfully we will be living off base at our new place!

So we are planning to pull out tomorrow morning and head to our first destination...we have 8 full days of driving plan with a stop in Nebraska to go to a Pioneer Village. Well, I better go...lots to do that I'm not getting done sitting here on the computer!

I will post again once we arrive in South Carolina.  Just remember...you are not getting rid of me on these boards!!  I will post here even when I'm living there!!

I love you guys!!! *hugs*

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Susan O.
on 9/30/08 6:52 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Annie! You may not see this until you get to SC, but hope you have/had a safe and fun trip.
I haven't been to Pioneer Village for a long time, but it was great! Hope you enjoy it.
Take care!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

jillianD
on 9/30/08 7:10 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I wish you all safe travels!!  We will see you soon on the boards!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 9/30/08 8:17 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Sending safe travel vibes your way.  Have fun along the trip and let us know when you make it.

Helen_Anne
on 9/30/08 1:10 pm - Bremerton, WA
Annie...

I will keep you in my prayers for a safe journey to SC. 

You will be missed!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/1/08 3:31 pm - Buckley, WA
Annie , I wish you all the best . I know you'll miss your family . There's no getting around that . But , you're starting an exciting new adventure . xoxox

kittykatzmom
on 10/2/08 4:14 am - Mason co., WA
You take care of your self, it was very nice meeting you, youare doing great, post when you get settle and have a safe and fun trip.

~Cindy~

Annie B.
on 10/2/08 1:38 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Just wanted to post a quick update while I'm at a computer!  thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

We just finished day two of our trip - we are in Layton, Utah now...just north of Salt Lake City. Last night we stayed in a Super 8 Motel in Baker City...it was pretty nice for a Super 8.  And of course the price was wonderful...with taxes and bringing our cat in, it was $20.39.  Of course back in August I got it for their $8.88 special...Minnie made it more than double, but she's worth it LOL.  Tonight we're at a Fairfield Inn - great military price too - they have a nice breakfast in the morning, so that will be nice.

Anyway, tomorrow we drive to Cheyenne, Wyoming...lots of driving. Anyway, I'm pretty tired, so I better run!  Though do know I have read all of your responses and occasionally check the boards and read from my phone (though I can't post from my phone).

I will update you when I have a chance again - maybe on Saturday!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active