I need to find a support group ASAP

Donna Childress
on 9/28/08 7:04 am - Maple Valley, WA
I hope someone can help me.  I've never used a message board/chat room before.  My pre-authorization information was just faxed to my to my insurance company (Boeing Traditional) on Friday, September 26th from Dr. Oh's office.  I've thought of gastric bypass surgery for the past 15 years or more and have read so many books on the subject my head is spinning.  I made my decision for Rouen Y.   I want this surgery so bad since I've gained and lost so many times - my biggest loss of 100 pounds 4 years ago with Weigh****chers.  I gained it all back plus more.  I feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack for fear that the insurance company is going to say no, or will make me go on another diet with a nutritionist or something for the next 12 months.  I'm presently dieting once again to the best of my ability using Medifast and lost about 15 pounds in the past 6 weeks.  I've now resorted to using phentermine to help me get this off - I'm so hungry all the time.  The weight is coming off so slow now - if at all.  I'm feeling emotionally and physically beaten.  I also have the fear that if I do get lucky enough to get the surgery that I will feel sick , light headed, and weak all the time from not getting enough nutrition.  I'm taking plenty of vitamins now and Medifast is high protein and I'm drinking plenty of water. 

I think I'm in bad need of finding a support group now to help me deal with my feelings and worries.  My husband is not much support!

I live in Maple Valley, WA - kind of inbetween Kent and Issaquah.  Dr. Oh will be my surgeon (he is in Federal Way.  Does anyone know of a support group that accepts pre-op that isn't a million miles from me?  Federal Way, Renton, Auburn, Issaquah, Bellevue, Kent or somewhere?  A contact phone number, address, and times and dates would be wonderful.

Also did anyone else get this beforehand depression?

Hislady
on 9/28/08 9:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Sorry I'm on the other end of the state so don't have any answers but did want to welcome you to the board and invite you to post often. We are always here to listen and support. There are lots of RNY folks here and many are Dr. Oh's patients so I'm sure they will take you under their wings. The support and mental issues are both crucial for success so keep working at it. Best of luck to you!
scott54
on 9/28/08 9:29 am - McKenna, WA
RNY on 09/24/08 with

You could call Merrilou at (253) 939-8865 for information about an Auburn support group.

pomlvr03
on 9/28/08 11:57 am
 We have a support group but it is on Ft. Lewis. It is a great group and we meet every Thursday at 5:30 pm. I don't know if it is worth it for you to come that far. Good luck on your surgery. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long.
nean
on 9/28/08 12:50 pm - Tacoma, WA
Don't have any answers for you, but welcome! Glad you posted. Does Dr. Oh's office have any connection with a support group. I would think St. Francis would have something you could attend.

"be willing to sit in the middle of the fear and fucking feel it." Lady Raven
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender
VSG 12/9/08  Highest 278, then lost #30 preop Goal 126 

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/29/08 12:00 pm, edited 9/30/08 9:03 am - WA
I host a support Group Meeting, Our next one is Oct. 14th. Just give me a call and I will give you directions. (253) 939-8865  Merrilou
Nicki H.
on 9/30/08 4:11 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Hi Ragadolly~
I just also found out about a support group that meets in Federal Way at St Frances tomorrow evening.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Cynthia H.
on 9/30/08 6:16 am - Renton, WA
Dr. Srikanth, who also operates out of St. Francis, has a support group at St. Francis the second Tuesday of each month.  If you want more info, PM me.

Cindy  

VickiStevens
on 9/30/08 10:04 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey Cindy,

I just wanted to let you know that this month we are back on the 1st Wednesday of the month schedule for the band group, so our meeting is tomorrow night.  Also, this month the bypass folks are joining us rather than having their own meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.

Hope to see you tomorrow night!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Sheryl R.
on 10/1/08 7:24 am - Buckley, WA
Hi,
I also have Boeing Traditional and they do require a 12 month medically supervised diet.  Did you just start one 6 weeks ago?  If so, just 10 1/2 months to go.  When I found out that they added this requirement I wanted to go to bed and cry for a while.  I wanted surgery now!  Now though, I have resigned myself to it and have been seeing a dietitian refered by my doctor since July. These 3 months have actually flown by and hopefully the rest will too.  I'm using this time to try to get myself in some better habits in preparation for my surgery.  Good luck!
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

Most Active