X-post from main board - Back from cruise

bombshellintraining
on 9/26/08 3:59 pm, edited 9/26/08 11:35 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Well, I'm back from my Alaskan cruise, and guess what? I lost nearly 4 pounds during those 7 days!!! I highly recommend cruising - especially freestyle!!! Top notch entertainment, maid service twice a day, every kind of food you can imagine - a wide variety of protein available at every meal... even sugar free desserts available! Just walking the length of the ship several times a day was enough of a workout, but I also hit the gym while looking out at the beautiful Alaskan wilderness, played shuffleboard, jogged on the upper deck (nearly got blown off the ship by the headwinds!), went dogsledding, and on and on! My sis and I had a wonderful time... I was a bit nervous to get on the scale when I got home, so I was thrilled to see I was down 3.8 pounds! I've added an album of pics to my facebook site for those of you *****quested that - feel free to take a peek - this is just a sampling - I took well over 1000 pics - couldn't help myself! :-) - just click on the link below.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1101&l=47cb9&id=1512993934

Shari M.

Shelley S.
on 9/26/08 10:46 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
How fun!! So glad you had a good time.  Isn't it funny how we dread the scale after a trip? I did the same thing over the summer going to Kansas for my son's wedding and I too lost, just odd, but loved it!

Isn't Alaska amazing? I lived there for 2 years and could have stayed forever.  Hubby and I want to retire there one day after we are both finished working for good.

I'm going to head to facebook to see your pics, thanks for sharing!

bombshellintraining
on 9/26/08 11:24 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hi Shelly - Yes, Alaska is gorgeous - I want to become an Eskimo, live in an igloo, and let dogs pull me around on a sled all day long!

Shari M.

jillianD
on 9/26/08 11:26 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey Shari!

Glad to know you are back and had a wonderful time!  Good weight loss to boot!  I would love to take and alaska cruise with hubby someday.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

bombshellintraining
on 9/26/08 11:37 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hey Jilly - How's it going? I highly recommend cruising to Alaska - my sister and I did "freestyle" crusing on Norwegian, which in my opinion, is the ONLY way to go!!! I edited my post to add a direct link if you want to look at pics.

Have a great weekend!

Shari M.

jillianD
on 9/26/08 11:39 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I'll look this afternoon when I get back home!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

kittykatzmom
on 9/27/08 10:13 am - Mason co., WA
I did the same cruise in July of 06 and LOVED it, a friend that went with us was 11 mos. out from her RNY and she had no problems with the food and we are ready to go again.

Great thought we should do our our cruise from the board here.  maybe next summmer.  any thoughts?

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/27/08 11:53 am, edited 9/27/08 11:57 am - Buckley, WA

I'm glad you had such a great time . My mom went on an Alaskan cruise 10 years ago & had a wonderful time , too . I'm glad to hear it's so WLS friendly . Sometimes when people talk about cruises , all you hear about is booze & desserts . I guess it's probably all in what you make of it . The dog sledding sounds like fun . I will check out your pictures , for sure .

EDIT - Great pictures . Thanks for sharing .

Most Active