What Are You Doing this Fine Fall Weekend?

NWScottie ..
on 9/26/08 3:11 am - WA

Me you ask... I'm going to my support group meeting on Saturday where Chef Dave will be speaking and on Sunday I'm going to Walk from Obesity in Bellevue.  Will I see you there?

What about you???
Stacey   

Helen_Anne
on 9/26/08 3:37 am - Bremerton, WA
Stacy...

I have a 3 day weekend... YEAH... so I am trying to de-clutter my kitchen today.

I am going to the Tacoma Walk from Obesity on Saturday.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Susan H.
on 9/26/08 3:43 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
First off...sorry if this is a long post.... It's a BIG weekend for me for many reasons and I'm glad to be posting. It's a big deal for me and I appreciate you reading it. (mental healing thing...ya know?)

What am I doing this weekend???

I am going riding for one last Hoorah this year! Good Luck and Have fun to all of you going on the Walk from Obesity! Please post and let us know how it went. Post pics too please!!!

Why is this weekend such big deal to me??? Well...I've loved horses and owned them for the majority of my life. And, for a majority of that time I have been too obese to ride. I had lap RNY one year ago yesterday and have made the most of this summer riding as much as I possibly could. It's been heavenly and a god send for me.

Another reason why this summer has been awesome is that 15 months ago, June 14th, 2007, I was (trying) to do what I've longed to do for a long time. I was taking a lesson on my Percheron Draft mare (big enough to hold my obese bum). She got frightened and took off and I went head over tea kettle off of her. I ended up in the hospital with a back broken in two places, head trauma, and severely bruised body and ego. ....sigh.... I just wanted to be normal!!!!

I also start a new path in my life on Monday. A new career!!! I interiewed, accepted and will start this new position as the new me! NO ONE there knows the old me. I am who they see in front of them and it's exciting for me to think of this and start a new beginning. (kinda scary too!)

AND....Monday is my birthday!!! Not a big deal number day, 43. But it's a big day in many ways!!!

So....what I'm doing this weekend. Going to be 100% selfish to enjoy ME to the fullest while out trail riding with my friends tomorrow and getting ready to start a new phase of my life on Monday.

Thank you again for reading this and posting this thread so I can share with you all.

Have a fabulous weekend and looking forward to hearing the stories of the weekend from others!

Enjoy the ride,
Susan
=0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

Most Active