Have I Done Something Wrong???

NWScottie ..
on 9/26/08 3:06 am - WA
Hello Fellow Washingtonians

As you all know I had surgery on the 16th, just 10 days ago.  I'm worried that I'm eating too much.  I'm on pureed foods, but how much should I be able to eat at this point? 

Also I see a lot of people saying they are having a hard time getting the water in, I'm able to drink all my water during the day.  I drink 72 oz a day.   
Is is possible that I have stretched my pouch ??

I'm such a worry wart, I know.  It does not help that I don't see my do****il Oct 6th.

So for my food yesterday this is what I had,

~ 4 Tbls cottage cheese with a peach slice pureed in
11 oz protein drink (took me about 30 mins to drink)
~ 4 Tbls pureed chili
11 oz protein drink
~ 4 Tbls pureed chili (again, I know)
~ 6 oz V8 juice (took me a bit to drink this as well)

Could it be that I feel like I'm eating a lot because it is all pureed?
Stacey   

Helen_Anne
on 9/26/08 3:54 am - Bremerton, WA
Stacy...

I could drink about 60 -70 oz of liquids at the stage you are.  I ate a 1/2 cup of food 6 times a day.. but my proteins shakes were probably about 6 oz.(I had 3 a day).. and it took me 30 to 40 minutes to eat every thing.  I think you are fine.... water just flows on thru the pouch.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

NWScottie ..
on 9/26/08 4:07 am - WA
Helen,
THANK YOU!  I can not tell you how much better I feel.  I could just Kiss you right now!
Stacey   

Helen_Anne
on 9/26/08 5:11 am - Bremerton, WA
I am glad I could help!!!  I know how freaked out I was the first weeks after surgery....

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

kittykatzmom
on 9/26/08 8:35 am - Mason co., WA
I'm different,  I'm 5 1/2 mos out and can barely get in 30 oz of fluids a day, and about 60-70g protein, glad you are getting your fluids  keep it up.

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/26/08 3:01 pm - Buckley, WA
I've always been able to drink all of my fluids . And pureed foods are called sliders . Because they slide through easily . You'll see the difference when you get on solids . lol . Believe me . You're doing fine . Everyone is different . People tend to post what their having problems with . Those of us who've been able to get all of our fluids in don't have a reason to post it . Relax .

Most Active