Hospital stay

scott54
on 9/23/08 12:03 pm - McKenna, WA
RNY on 09/24/08 with
Just curious, for those of you who had lap RNY at MAMC, how long did you stay in the hospital?

I don't report until 10:15 am tomorrow and I am ready to leave, ha ha.  Seriously, I'd like to give my wife an idea of when she can pick me up.

Thanks,
Scott
kittykatzmom
on 9/23/08 12:19 pm - Mason co., WA
I went in on a friday, and was home on Sunday, and didnt need any pains meds except to sleep, good luck and post when your able.

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/23/08 12:51 pm - Buckley, WA
Scott , I don't have an answer for you , as I was open . Usually they keep lap RNY's 24 hours , I believe . But , lots of good vibes heading your way . Kathy

Lisa B.
on 9/23/08 1:06 pm - Bremerton, WA
Scott, I had my lap RNY on a Tuesday and came home on Thursday. A friend had hers on a Friday and went home on Monday. I think two days is the norm, barring no complications.

lisa
Brandy L.
on 9/23/08 2:12 pm - Baudour , Belgium
I had my surgery on a Friday and was home on Sunday!

Wishing you the best of luck with yours!!!

If I knew your last name I would stop by and say hi after your surgery because I have to go to Madigan for an ultrasound tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

And welcome to the losers bench!

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

scott54
on 9/23/08 11:32 pm - McKenna, WA
RNY on 09/24/08 with
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your answers.

I am finishing up my last minute stuff.  I'll post when I get home in a couple of days.

Thanks again,
Scott
corrineinwa
on 9/24/08 8:49 am
I know I'm a little late but I had to send you my best wishes for a smooth surgery.

I had surgery on the Monday and went home Wednesday.

In fact, I had surgery 1 year ago today, at MAMC, with the same doc as you!

24 September 2007
Dr. Sebesta - Madigan Medical Army Center (MAMC).
259.5/224.7/111
highest/day of surgery/current
 BMI 18.5 (5'5")

Most Active