need Support Group updates

nancy6
on 9/24/08 9:26 am - Tacoma, WA
I definitely recommend support groups for pre-op as well as post-op.  Merrilou's group (Enjoy Health in Auburn), Vitalady's and Susan's (Through Thick n' Thin) all allow pre and post-op people.  I go to all 3 of those groups and would recommend any or all of them!  You can also bring family/friends who are your support system as well if they are interested .

~Nancy~

auntie-boopee
on 9/24/08 8:28 am - Silverdale, WA
Bremerton Naval Hospital has 2 support groups....they meet on the 1st tueday at 7-9 pm and on the 3rd tuesday at 3:30-5:30.  All are welcome to come.  PM me if you dont have base access. 

Karen
Susan O.
on 9/24/08 9:03 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi!
  The support group I facilitate on the 3rd Monday of every month is open to all types of surgeries, all docs, pre & post-op. Only things not allowed are children under 18 and cell phones. (and well, pets, but that's the library rule!) It is held at the Summit Branch of the Pierce County Library, just off Hwy 512. Please click on the link after my name for more info, directions, and to join.

Hope to see you there!

P.S. You do need base access, or someone to sponsor you to come to the Madigan group,

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

shellshock
on 9/28/08 12:53 pm - Bremerton, WA
 I think there are two Merrilou's. There is one in Auburn that I have heard people talk about and there is one in Gig Harbor. The one in Gig Harbor is every Thursday night at 6pm at the Borders Books upstairs in the coffee shop. So that must mean that the on on the 2nd Tuesday is in Auburn.
Katharine
on 11/3/08 7:18 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Overlake also offers a support group for those who are about to undergo surgery and those who have had surgery. Second and fourth Saturdays of the month, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

I attend every meeting possible. I'm 2 1/2 years post op RNY and at goal. Support is SO vital to long term success!

http://www.overlakehospital.org/programs.aspx?id=514
Most Active