Hot Protein Shankes

NWScottie ..
on 9/23/08 3:37 am - WA
Now with the weather cooling off (YEAH!!), Can I warm up the protein drinks without them loosing any nut value?
Stacey   

Annie B.
on 9/23/08 4:00 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
yes!!  I LOVE hot protein shakes!  I use Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stack...and according to Michelle at Vitalady, you can heat the water up to 160 degrees...I have a digital food thermometer, and I try to do it to about 150 degrees.  You can play around with it - bascially at 160 degrees, it will curdle the protein, which is what you don't want to happen. So when you're trying to figure it out, don't dump all the protein into the ho****er, just do a little and make sure it doesn't curdle. Make sure you heat the water FIRST before you add the protein.

Enjoy!!!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

NWScottie ..
on 9/23/08 4:22 am - WA
what about the shakes already in the can???
Stacey   

Annie B.
on 9/23/08 5:04 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
That, I have no idea about! Sorry

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/23/08 8:45 am, edited 9/23/08 9:10 am - WA
Stacy every morning my husband mixes me a hot protein -12oz hot tap water-1/2 scoop Nectar Cappuccino-1 scoop Champion Chocolate 1 tbl spoon liquid calcium - 1 spoon of non-dairy cool whip-a dash of coffee 1oz it is great! Make sure the water is not to hot or the portein will clump and mix the cappuccino first. I am checking on the canned drinks? I checked on WorldWide Pure Protein and was told it should not hurt to warm it up, I would take it out of the can and warm it. Not to hot! I would think. Merrilou
Nicki H.
on 9/23/08 9:31 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Merrilou~The Cappuccino mix shakes (warm) are AWESOME!!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

NWScottie ..
on 9/23/08 10:43 am - WA
ML,
I have cans of protein drink that I'm trying to find out if I can warm up, until I get down to see you
Stacey   

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/23/08 11:56 pm, edited 9/23/08 11:57 pm - WA
I talked to the supplier of my canned drinks (WorldWide) and he said there should be no problem warming them, just not to hot.
Most Active