BariatricEating.com

sweetkathleen
on 9/22/08 3:41 am - Seattle, WA
Hello Everyone- I am just sitting here thinking about my upcoming surgery and all the vitiamins that are needed. I am just wondering if it's better for me to buy the bariatric advantage vitiamins? OR the walmart cheap vitamins (fintstones)

I am also wondering if anyone is taking Biotin?

I am also a little confused on what these items are for :
Tropical Oasis Liquid calcium citrate
Tropical plus liquid miltivitamin
Tropical oasis liquid b-12

Thank you so much for helping me. I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed.

Kathleen
Hislady
on 9/22/08 4:31 am - Vancouver, WA
Just my personal opinion but I would go with the Bariatric Advantage. I recently started using them and like them alot, they actually taste decent and are designed for bariatric patients. I use the ones for lap banders but I'm sure the others are just as good. The regular vitamins are just not designed to meet the special needs of bariatric patients and they are finding that even bandsters need better quality vitamins because we eat so little that we don't get all the vits we need either. Granted the BA vitamins are more expensive but personally I think I'm worth it. Your doc should tell you what exactly he wants you to take so check with him.
Susan O.
on 9/22/08 4:55 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Kathleen!
   NIx on the liquid junk! MOST people just can't gag it down, and it ends up in the trash. Each doc has different ideas about what you need to take, but personally, I use the Costco Kids chewable multi ( a couple a day), plus I take most of the alphabet in other vites. It is most important that you do not use soft-gels, or any oil based (LIke  E), as they won't absorb well. I use powdered calcium (UpCal D) and really like it compared to huge pills, or even the chewables.  Remember the B-12 must be subligual (melt under the tongue) to do any good.
    I sent you a PM to let you know where I purchase mine, as I don't want to be accused of advertising for any certain places...
Best wishes for a great surgery!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Helen_Anne
on 9/22/08 6:37 am - Bremerton, WA
I do take Biotin... only because it's included in my multi - vitamin.  But I probably would if it was not only included.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

EricW
on 9/22/08 9:16 pm - Kettle Falls, WA
Hell I'm not shy.....I am getting all my stuff from Vitalady.com.  Michelle and her staff have been helping me since before my procedure.  I would not have known what blood labs to get or how to treat the results if not for her.  She works hard to stay up on the latest info and go the extra mile for you.  Prices aren't a deal breaker for me, but I know Michelle takes it very seriously and she is competitive.

This is just how I think I feel, I am not advertising for anyone in particular.  hehehehehe.  EW
Most Active