No longer a virgin....

Helen_Anne
on 9/20/08 12:00 pm - Bremerton, WA
OMG... I got the foamies and threw up for the first time... I hope this doesn't happen often! Those foamies are NO Fun!!

Back to those foods that my pouch likes!  Or maybe just some tea...  pudding....  or NOTHING!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Beetle
on 9/20/08 12:04 pm - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Aaawwww poor Helen! I've had stuck food with foamies 4 times now!
But the first was the worst.... after that I learned to recognize it earlier and it was over much quicker. I seem to get it from any dry, overcooked meat.
I have bought some Papaya enzyme pills now....... next time, I'll be ready.

How long did the attack last?

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Helen_Anne
on 9/20/08 1:30 pm - Bremerton, WA

It lasted about 1.5 hours....  I need to get some Papaya enzyme pills ...

I will be way more carefull in the future.

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 9/20/08 1:34 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ughh poor Helen!  Don't forget to chew, chew, chew!!  Sorry there having food stuck sucks big time, I still have a hard time with chicken. 
Also I have noticed that once I have has something stick i\I need to be very careful the next 12-24 hours ( everything is irritated) or I will have a repeat experience.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 9/21/08 1:21 am - Bremerton, WA
Jill...

Thanks for the advice.... I will be taking it easy today... and only eating foods that I know are safe... I think its back to liquids today.   

I think it was the beef that got suck... probably because I did not chew well enough... 

I drank water in hopes that I would feel better... and I think that just made worse. 

Those foamies are a weird sensation... diffinately to be avoided at if possible!

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

hangokid11
on 9/21/08 2:33 am - MT
no no not nothing,  eat or drink something,   you don't wanna starve yaself! Yeah, I got the foamies the first time when I tried something new, then later when I didn't chew      wow a poet, and didn't know it! 
Beetle
on 9/21/08 3:03 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
ROFLMAO @ your poem!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

giver44
on 9/21/08 3:56 am - Post Falls, ID
So sorry!! It is a misserable feeling.  I still have problems with stuff sticking.. Especially dry chicken.. well most any chicken.. and a few other thingds , if I don't chew well or over eat.
  One thing I have found that if that feeling stays with me for awhile.. I dossolve some meat tenderizer in a little tepid water.  Tastes a lot like Alkaseltzer.  Sure seems to helps.. sooths the area I guess.  Hope this is a little help.. hint.  I just know it works for me.

Good luck to all of you on your journey.. Ai'nt it great??   
Helen_Anne
on 9/21/08 5:32 am - Bremerton, WA
Well... this is a great journey.... and I am grateful for being on the path... but  post-op period does have its ups and downs.  But since I have been up for so long... one bad experience is not going burst my WLS bubble.  This is  a great reminder to chew better!

I am going to get some meat tenderizer or Papaya enzyme pills so that I will have something on hand when this happens again.

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

sunnyinseattle1
on 9/21/08 6:43 am
What are FOAMIES???

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Most Active