ONE-DERLAND, Overweight, and Size 12?!?

Annie B.
on 9/17/08 10:31 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Wow! Let me first say that this week has been FULL of crazy things happening!

Yesterday, I tried on a pair of 12s...just for the heck of it...and guess what? they weren't too tight. Granted, they ARE Gloria Vanderbilt jeans...which fit bigger than other brands...but the tag says "12" in it!!!  I'm so shocked. Several years ago when I was 180 pounds, I only fit into 16's...that's just so weird!

So I weighed myself today - 199!!!! I'm practically freaking out about that! And guess what - I got my height measured because I wasn't sure how tall i really was - and it said 5' 8.5"...so that at 199 puts my BMI to 29.8!! Now I am just "overweight" rather than obese! of course, 199 puts me in ONEDERLAND too!!!

WOOO-HOOO!!  Just wanted to celebrate with you guys...now I better get back to work!

*hugs*

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Shelley S.
on 9/17/08 10:41 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Oh my gosh Annie, that is AMAZING! I'm so happy for you and proud of you!! You going to come tomorrow night and share that? I sure hope to see you

Oh and I have to add, Gerald told me after the meeting when you walked in, he didn't know it was you until you introduced yourself.  He hasn't seen you in awhile so he had no clue how much you had lost and how different you look.  So there is another wow moment lol

Annie B.
on 9/17/08 12:22 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks Shelley! Yes, definitely another wow to add to my list...thanks for sharing that with me! I have had a couple of other people not recognize me too...very cool!

And yes, I will most definitely be there tomorrow evening! There's no way I'll miss it...we're leaving in 14 days from today - actually 14 days from this moment, we shoudl be almost done with our first day of driving!!! AAHHH!!

There's nothing that could make me miss my last two nights at Madigan. 

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/17/08 12:19 pm - Buckley, WA
Annie , That's wonderful ! Isn't it great to just be "overweight" ? I know when I went from obese to overweight , I cried . lol . And i'm not a crier . Kathy

Annie B.
on 9/17/08 12:24 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
It is absolutely wonderful to be just overweight! I'm estatic...and I can barely contain myself LOL.

Susan O.
on 9/17/08 1:16 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Annie I am so happy for you! I am also so proud of you for deciding to "get out of your rut" and get dressed up and put on make up every day!  It is all these little things put together that will help you build your self-image. Contrary to popular opinion, self-image can not be improved upon by anyone but ourselves. (That's where the SELF  comes in! ) So congratulations on all the work you have done, and carry on with all that is to come. Big Hugs, Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Annie B.
on 9/17/08 1:19 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Susan! It really does help to do those things for myself...I'm glad I'm doing them too.

Hopefully you will be there on Thursday?  I'm looking forward to it!

~Annie

nancy6
on 9/18/08 12:01 pm - Tacoma, WA
Wow is right!!!  You've had a lot of *wow* moments this week - that's fabulous, Annie...  I'm so proud of you and how well you are doing!  It doesn't matter what brand those jeans are, a size 12 is quite an accomplishment.  And to hit the one-derland numbers and a BMI under 30, too!  Doesn't it feel great?!?!  Keep up the great work - and don't overdo it on the packing...  :)  Take care...

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 9/23/08 3:24 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Nancy! Yeah...umm...think I have to overdo it on the packing LOL...anyone wanna help?!?

hangokid11
on 9/18/08 11:07 pm - MT
Congrats reaching One-derland!!!  You take care of yourself and take it easy!  Sure was great seeing you at S al****er Park.  You're a great inspiration to us all!
Most Active