Home from hospital feeling very tired and sore`

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/08 9:56 am - kent, WA
I had surgery last Thursday got home on Monday afternoon. got so dehydrated in hospital had to stay a little longer. I am tolerating pain okay, very hard to go from sit to stand and vis versa. how long till no more pain with sit & stand and so on?  I am so tiered all the time I keep falling asleep my daughter is making sure I get enough to drink and i do my walking and deep breathing. scared about taking a shower, I don't have a shower chair of course it would not fit anyways tub to small. any ideas? need to wash hair badly! My binder is really annoying it is so awkward moving around.
Hislady
on 9/16/08 11:34 am - Vancouver, WA
Glad surgery went well. Are you able to get to a beauty shop? Several times when I've been in rough shape physically I've gone to just some place quick and cheap like Super Cuts and just got a shampoo only, it was like $5 not very expensive at all. It felt great to get it clean! Or maybe daughter could do a quick shampoo at the sink for you. Good luck.
Helen_Anne
on 9/16/08 12:20 pm - Bremerton, WA
I am so glad you are home and resting...  Welcome to the losers bench!!!

I agree with Kathy... time to go to the salon... I love to have someone wash my hair!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

kittykatzmom
on 9/16/08 1:19 pm - Mason co., WA
glad your home, get plenty of rest, the other stuff will come in time, as far as pain goes, I only used nmy pain meds the 1st day home then it wqas tolerable, again give it time, just tyr a t atake a sip of water every 15 min os if possible that is the most important, so you don't get dehydrated again and end up with IV's for fluid.

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/16/08 1:33 pm, edited 9/16/08 1:33 pm - Buckley, WA
The first few weeks are the worst . Try not to stress about it . Give yourself a little sponge bath . I was open & that's what I did . You can do that with your hair , too . Get a big bowl of warm water , get a washcloth wet & put shampoo on it . Run it over your hair . Suds it up a little . Rinse the washcloth & get the soap out . Dry with a towel . May not be real thorough , but you'll feel better . Take it easy & heal well . Kathy

Shelley S.
on 9/16/08 2:25 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
I think everyone has already said what I would have, but wanted to welcome you home and agree with the others.  The first few weeks are really the hardest, but I promise, it does get easier.  Hang in there hun.

jillianD
on 9/17/08 12:45 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Glad you are home and I hope you are feeling better soon!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active