I'm in Shock!!!

jodyvs
on 9/15/08 7:55 am

Well I submitted to Aetna for insurance approval last Tuesday and by Friday morning the patient care coordinator at my surgeon's office called to say we had approval. In addition, my surgeon had an opening on Oct. 1st. Originally he didn't have openings until December, but someone cancelled. I can't believe I got approved so quickly and I really can't believe my surgery is in 16 days!!! I've started my 1000 calorie a day diet...that's not the easiest thing I've ever done. Holy Crap!

I feel very ready. I'm a little anxious and excited all at the same time. I couldn't be in better hands in terms of my surgeon. He's the chief surgeon at UW....he's been doing bypasses since the 70's. I'm just going to keep a very positive outlook that all will go smoothly.

i'm also very fortunate that where I work our salaried employees get paid 100% of their salary while out on medical leave for the first 13 weeks. I'm taking off 4 weeks. I should be good to go after that.

I need help with one of those really cool weight tracking things everyone has..where does a girl pick those up?

cfidecaro
on 9/15/08 8:23 am - Snohomish, WA

Congrats~ In less than 3 weeks you too will be on the losers bench!

http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wihig3t/ this is the link for the weight tracking....

Take care

Collette

jodyvs
on 9/15/08 8:27 am
Thanks so much Collette!!!
jodyvs
on 9/15/08 8:41 am
Now how do you get it to show up as your signature? I'm not doing something right.
Beetle
on 9/15/08 10:17 am, edited 9/15/08 10:18 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia

The trick is to copy and paste the actual picture of the sticker, not the code.

Oh and congrats on your good news! I wish you all the best.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

jodyvs
on 9/15/08 11:19 am
Thank you!!! That did it!
Susan O.
on 9/15/08 8:28 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Congratulations Jody!!
What super news!  It's okay for you to be anxious and excited, or you wouldn't be normal .  And what a great big score that you will get paid too! Hooray! You will probably be okay after 4 weeks, just REALLY ready for a nap when you get home. Keep us posted on your progress.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

jillianD
on 9/15/08 4:13 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Congrats!!  I wish you the very best, the diet can't be easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active