Home from the "other" WA and so sorry I missed the get-together!

VickiStevens
on 9/12/08 11:52 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey Everyone,

I read the post and it sounds like it was a FABULOUS time at the get-together!  I am so sad I couldn't make it.  Instead, I was flying through the hurricane into DC......  Let's just say it was the "bumpiest" flight I have done in a very, very long time - bumps don't usually bother me, but even I was reaching for the air sick bag (didn't have to use it, thank goodness!). 

Hopefully I will get to meet some of you at the Walk from Obesity - I will be staffing the booth for my doctor (Srikanth) at least part of the time.  I hope they will have enough patients available so that I can get away and do the walk too.

Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
jillianD
on 9/12/08 3:18 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Which walk are you doing Vicki?   Was it the Tacoma one?  If it was then for sure we will have to meet up!
Glad you made it home safe, I probably would have had a heart attack!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

VickiStevens
on 9/13/08 1:27 am - Tacoma, WA
Hey Jilly,

It would help if I said which walk, wouldn't it?  Or maybe you are just supposed to read my mind....

Yes, it is the Tacoma walk.  My surgery was at St. Francis and since they are sponsoring the Tacoma walk and Tacoma is really "home" to me (I just camp out up here in Seattle), I am doing that walk.  I even got my page created last night!  Not bad considering my body was still on DC time.

I know I will be at my Doctor's booth for at least part of the time - hopefully not the whole time since I want to do the walk too!  They are trying to get other patients to staff the booth also so that we all will have time to do the walk also.

And yes, we will definitely have to meet up. 

Vicki
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
jillianD
on 9/13/08 2:17 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I though you had said Tacoma on a previous post.  Glad to see I still have a few brain cells left!!
I will be so happy to meet you!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 9/13/08 7:36 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Vicki, glad you are back safe and sound.  I can't wait to meet you at the walk!!

Most Active