Join In on The Walk from Obesity!!

jillianD
on 9/12/08 3:58 pm, edited 9/12/08 3:59 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Some of you know and maybe some don't that I have put together a team to do the Walk from Obesity in Tacoma on Sept 27th.  I would love to have any of you join in doing the walk with me.  Registration is only 25.00 and you get a free T-shirt and if you bring a camera you will have some wonderful memories with others on this board!

If you want to join out team name is Team Take it Off or if you can't join we would love a donation.  Its for a good cause peeps!

Come on in and join, I am not above bribery!!  LOL

Here is the link

http://walkfromobesity.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ieve nt=278175&lis=0&kntae278175=40C32266B23145F1BF3676EC51E3FA5C
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 9/12/08 4:54 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Jill - What are the plans for our team on that morning?  What time and where will we meet?  I've joined and have some donations and actually a friend asked if she could join the team, too!  Of course, I told her the more, the merrier, so our team is growing.  Should be a great day!  I'm looking forward to it...  Just keep me posted on the plans for the walk. Thanks much!

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 9/12/08 4:56 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
As time gets closer we will have to set up a group meeting place.  Is anyone familiar with the area??
Your friend is totally welcome to join!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 9/12/08 4:59 pm - Tacoma, WA
I'm fairly familiar with the area.  I think the walk is starting at the Dickman Mill park/area of Ruston Way.  We'll have to find out for sure and then can make plans.  Depending on how many people are participating in the walk, parking could be a problem...but hopefully the people putting on the event will have things well marked, etc.  I'm definitely looking forward to it!  Thanks for putting the team together!!

~Nancy~

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/18/08 3:53 am - WA
Hey Nancy if you want to walk two days Dennis and I will be at the Bellevue event on the 28th. Merrilou
nancy6
on 9/18/08 12:33 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Merrilou - I'll definitely keep it in mind...  Would I need to join or sign up for that walk, too?  Or could I just tag along with you and Dennis? 

~Nancy~

Brandy L.
on 9/13/08 1:27 am - Baudour , Belgium
I joined the team!!!! And my daughter too. Now I just gotta put my hubby on the team and he is going to walk with us. I will probably have Chelsea in the stroller though. But hey...she's another body... LOL

I decided I was just going to take the morning off and do it! If i have to go to work I will afterwords...but I wanted to do this so badly.

So I am in!!!! See you guys there.

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/13/08 3:24 am, edited 9/13/08 3:25 am - Buckley, WA
I'm looking forward to it . I hope the weather cooperates . I heard that it starts at 8:30 AM , is this correct ? I know how to get to Ruston Way , i'm not too sure about where the park is . But , i'm sure I won't have any problem figuring it out .

I checked the link . Here's the time .

Walk Date: Saturday, September 27, 2008

Registration begins 8:00 am
The Walk starts at 9:00 am and ends at 12:00 pm

Walk Location: Dickman Mill Park, Tacoma
Please join us for a beautiful 2 mile walk around the Tacoma Waterfront

Shelley S.
on 9/13/08 5:52 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Jill already knows, I called her hahah, but I was finally able to get registered!! YAY!! Not sure what the issue was the last couple of times I tried, but this time it went right through.  Now I have to get busy getting those donations.  Can't wait!!

Susan O.
on 9/14/08 2:41 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Jill you are doing a great job with "Team Take it Off!"  Thanks so much for getting everyone interested and together on this. I have been having troubs getting into my pages to ask for donations, so hopefully that is fixed too. Thanks again!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active